Sad sight at virginia beach today

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know why people do it, but it happens. Went to Va beach with a buddy of mine today to try our luck. Turns out it wasn't great today netting just about a buck in clad. But I happened to witness a couple diggers on beach who I know, one, was an ex member of the Tidewater Coin & Relic club. I was in the water and he was about 50 yards away walking away from me. Watched him dig a number of holes and not bother to fill any in. :dontknow: Never got close enough to ask him to fill his holes, so I went through and cleaned up his mess. It's things like this that will get detectorist's kicked off the beaches. I know people think the tide will fill them in, but when you're digging at the high tide mark and the tide is low it takes hours for that to happen. There were plenty of kids and joggers who could've easily stepped in and hurt themselves. C'mon people...Clean up after yourself and keep us all out of the negative eye of the public. >:(

My rant is over...Had to get it out.

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That kinda stuff in the late 80's as the hobby got more and more popular, started the rules and regulations we have to deal with today.

And, it has not stopped. Someday we won't be able to search anything but private property, and there seems to be nothing we can do about it.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I call them Dirty Diggers! I know I've dug my fair share of holes at low tide but it only takes a couple of seconds to use your foot to pull the sand back into the hole and step on it. Guess that guy has never twisted his ankle but what comes around, goes around.:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread