Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Find in Dry Beach Sand

I found this nice earring in the dry sand. The weathermen got it wrong again. Suppose to be calm seas and I found 4 foot swells and white caps up to 100 meters off shore. Too much sea weed to get in the water.
It had a stamp inside that had 925, 18K and either AZ or A2. It was hard to read. Couldn't figure that part out. Not positive if a real pearl, looks like a layer was peeling off. Had to gorilla glue it back on the post.
Good morning with the usual nickels, dimes and pennies. Good 3 hour hunt!
Earing 5-8-13.jpg

Upvote 0

Lookalot

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A stamp of .925 and 18K indicates that the ring is made with both sterling silver and 18 karat gold.
A2 indicates the grade of the pearl
Nice find!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I consider any time I can get out and hunt a fun hunt whether I find anything or not. Nice find Les.:icon_thumleft:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CSMPEREZ, that is a very nice earring find...I like the style...classy!:icon_thumleft:

Lorraine

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find - silver and gold.

I'm with Sandman any day you can get out to hunt is a good day, but some hunts are better than others.

HH,

Pete

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice find CSMPEREZ. LOOKALOT that is great info on the markings. I did not know that pearls had a grading system that was stamped into the jewelry. Thanks.

OP
OP
CSMPEREZ

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Look, my cousin Les was right about the pearls!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread