Searched in an underwater desert-Ft. Lauderdale Beach

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Sand covering everything and it is deep. Used Excalibur for first time in two months--searched 6 1/2 hours. Finds were slim. -- not even an excessive amount of trash; a water-logged Apple I-phone; Eyeglasses; only three coins; and one, very small silver ring. Everything was so deeply buried that I moved out behind the sandbars and searched in chest-deep water at low tide. That is where I found the ring. It, too, was quite deep in the sand--a weak, iffy signal--and it was a fresh drop. I did happen upon one small area close to the beach where rocks/shells were only 6-inches under the sand. That is where I found most of the trash and two coins. Need to find another beach to hunt off of... or a good rip current to remove the sand. I would have found more in a kiddy park in 1//3 the time... Saved all the agony of looking at a photo of trash and a boring little ring...hence, no photo.

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, those deep summer sands are upon us. I spent several hours in the water yesterday and was excited when I finally reached the one green quarter that I did find, even the pull tabs and recently lost sun glasses were several scoops down. Did manage a couple of silver hoop earrings (different locations) that must have just fallen off someone's ear when I got to them, both were just inches under the sand. Over the wet sand almost everything was at maximum detection depths, even the shiny coins. Say "hello" to summer.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this spring FTL beaches were reclaimed , but to the South in Hollywood and Dania they had major dredging in the intercoastal and were covering the beaches with new sand to fill in the effects of erosion. I watched them lay down 3-4 feet of new sand in John Lloyd State Park in March.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Southern Digger, I empathize with you...same conditions up here ; I long for those dark brown , solid "muddy flats" of yesteryear that were so much fun at which to detect.

Good luck on your next hunt

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions