Special thanks to Maxx, OBN, and DocBeav...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I had three days at the beach this week, and had the honor of meeting some of the best beach hunters and innovators in this sport, and some of the most friendly detectorist anyone could ever hope to meet. We had a couple of great hunts together, and although I did not come home with the gold ring this time ( Maxx did and was very deserving of it), the experience was truly gold to me. Maxx and DocBeav shared so much history on some great sites, and were so helpful on how to hunt the particular sites as well as detector settings to work through so much iron to get to the goodies. OBN came down and shared his expertise in detector innovation and experience. He also did some modding on my Excal! Great work. DocBeav is a year into this sport and has really gained years of experience with the help of Maxx and really has a handle on the value of the history of the area he is hunting, and is miles ahead of the competition with his research of the local area. Also I had the honor of meeting several other hunters who are great in their own right, but my memory of their forum names escapes me, so I apologize for my poor memory. Thanks to all who helped to make this a week to remember, and I hope all detectorists get to experience such a great and wonderful time with such intelligent and honorable people. Special thank to TREASURENET, for without it, I would never have met these wonderful people who I now call friends. Thanks...Stuart

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Stuart I share your same feelings, One Darn Kewl week for sure...:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread