CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Wow that was awesome! It reminded me of lava flowing

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any beaches or swim areas on the lee side of the lake will have sand shaved off and uncover targets that you couldn't get to before.

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any beaches or swim areas on the lee side of the lake will have sand shaved off and uncover targets that you couldn't get to before.

Yes, I was thinking that when the videographer mentioned that large rocks had been pulled up into the yards along with the ice.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable! Looks like a sci-fi movie! We had ice out back early April, but nothing this dramatic. Hope you are okay and not near the lake. Thanks for posting.

Anita

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Bat Sheet!

Hope I never see anything like that coming towards my place. I don't know what you could do, if you were there at the time. That looked pretty powerful.

I would like to detect behind it though.

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Bat Sheet!

Hope I never see anything like that coming towards my place. I don't know what you could do, if you were there at the time. That looked pretty powerful.

I would like to detect behind it though.

I dont think there was anything that could be done, the wind was blowing the ice so hard, and it came off of the lake and to the buildings in under 10 minutes. Snowplows came to clear but not in time to prevent the property damage.

Ice is piled up six feet high at the shoreline, so it might be a few weeks before anyone can detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread