On The Way To The Car !!!!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC03656 - Copy.JPG DSC03659.JPG DSC03660.JPG DSC03661.JPG DSC03662.JPG DSC03667.JPG DSC03669.JPG

this Cracker is doing the hillbilly shake tonight here in Ruskin , FL, after all day looking and loosing a target that was at the water line with a strong current that just kept sinking , the harder I tried the more it sank just about 15mins, I just knew that was gold, my whole body was killing me and I said to myself another day no gold, but not frustrated just more determined that tomorrow will be another day.so on my way back up to the beach to the route to my car I was about to shut it off, I said what the heck ill switch to disc and just walk with it without swinging. Feeling and im sure looking like a physical wreck started to walk/hobble the dry sand to the car not even ten feet into the walk the sound screamed in the head phones just like the one I was chasing in the beach line surf, GOLD, looked down right on top of the sand clear as day their it was! I thought at first glance it was a biggie woman's wedding ring loaded with big Ice. I knew it was the GOLDEN TICKET that has eluded me in just over a year since my last one !, any of you guys that know me I've had a lot of surgery's in the past couple years and changed my original screen name on here to the one I use now. in one of the pics is my 3 oz bracelet that was my first gold find many years ago that I've kept and wear. I've sold a lot of my finds to get threw last couple of years cause of the surgery's but I think ill keep this one. pirates love to wear our booty to show off, its stamped 14k along with some other stamp I cant make out, it weighs 7.4 grams and the 16 diamonds test reel. I was at st pete today where it was sanded in and the water was not clear then the surf kicked up and I took off my weight belt ,mask and snorkel, threw on the sun glasses and searched the low water cause it was cold and the swimm line was near the shore. this is my first gold ring with my excal . H.H. CAPT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I've had a couple of those "back to the car finds". Though nothing as spectacular as that. I often wonder if it's because I slow way down not really wanting to go to the car.

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I've had a couple of those "back to the car finds". Though nothing as spectacular as that. I often wonder if it's because I slow way down not really wanting to go to the car.

that's what happened the mind was willing but my body said enough, I wasn't even swinging it I was walking with it in one position the way I was carrying it, who knows if I went threw the beach to the car swinging I may have missed it, H.H. Capt.

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find mr pop top, those things happen now and then, it's even happened to me, Love this Hobby, HH

Harold I think I remember when you wrote about it, ive always said if I end up in a wheel chair im still gonna figure out a way to still go metaldetecting ! H.H. Capt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread