Taking a pole...how many on this forum are posting on other forums--i

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
If no objections--what are the other forums.
For example, I first started posting on the prodigy NET metal detecting forum in the 1980's. Later on, I began posting on a informative forum called the :censored:, both for beaches and for relic hunting. In fact, I don't know what is going on with that forum. I was off of it for a few months because of my work schedule keeping me from hunting. When I tried to go back on it I found my I.D. and my user profile description was removed without my permission. Can't get back on that forum for some unknown reason.

I began posting on this forum several years ago but stopped posting when I was deep into mapping and excavating some fort sites. The agreement to do these projects and help the museums included I not publish any info regarding the digs until the projects were complete, hence, I had to stay off the BB and far from the local press. Of course, the press hammered me later for not revealing the project. My opinion regarding that is, if the project is on private property, and it was, it should be of no public concern until it is time to publish for its educational values. What BB's are you posting on...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried others, but none matched Tnet, so this is the only board I look at.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember we do not allow advertising other sites... Please do not post hot links or names......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not allowed to be specific and name names on here but I have about three or four main forums and about four to six others that I use less often! where you at in florida?
chuck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes visit other forums to see if anyone needs help with their detector that I can help with.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like its not allowed to post other forums names, but its ok to post all kinds of gun stuff that takes up over a page on my screen that have nothing to do with our hobby.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes i post on other forums....and they won`t let you post a link to other forums there either....no problem for me .
Gary

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god I don't even have time to read every thing on this one !

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've posted to other forums but found they weren't as friendly as Tnet.

Since we are on the subject of other forums - I can see the point of posting help on several forums, answering questions etc, but what is the purpose of posting finds pics and stories to multiple forums? That i don't get.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first and only, I'm pretty happy here so I haven't even bothered looking elsewhere.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with baywalker. Can hardly keep up with this forum and more then enough resources here to fill most needs. I do post on one other forum but only occasionally.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do i feel you can belong to other forums just like belonging to more than one club

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnet is the main forum for me and for a few simple reasons: The knowledge and experience base is second to none. Most ppl here are friendly and willing to assist if you have a question or need advice. Last, but not least, as a web designer and software developer, i like the site's layout and organization though i wish more features were available for mobile users.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see no problem with "window shopping" but for myself, this forum is perfectly suited for me. The people are very knowledgeable and quick to share. This is the only one I read or participate in.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I've glanced at others, they seemed sub-par to me. There is the one for nugget hunting only, I just don't live near the desert.
T-net is the best.

Wicholee

Nov 15, 2012
MIAMI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcal II, Minelab X Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Only posting here...

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to cause some of the other local guys are on that one but I don't anymore I really like Tnet and just post here

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Counting The 3 Facebook sites,7 other site that I have been invited to. I get invited to sites I have never herd about because of my 35 years in the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread