Great afternoon Hunt! Gold and Platinum

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I have not posted on this site in awhile. I was able to get out for for a 3 hour hunt yesterday, and I glad I did. I dug a 32 gram 14K bracelet, my first Gold Bracelet. It looks like it has been in the water a long time, it is really corroded and the clasp is broke. I also hit a 6.3 gram Pt.900 ring that also looks like its been buried a long time. rounding out the day was a 1.6 gram 18K wedding band. I left the GT at home for this trip and used the Sand Shark. The last two outings with the Sand Shark has produced 3 18K rings, 1 Pt900 ring and a 14K wedding band, plus this Bracelet.

Attachments

• 32 gram Bracelet & 2 rings.JPG
    32 gram Bracelet & 2 rings.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
onthespot

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Many time over. I have scraped over $3,000 in Sand Shark finds this year. My Sov GT is my main machine, but I still love the SS. I put a plugger straight shaft on it and will find the good stuff.

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Awesome Finds! Gotta love the Sand Shark!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you hunting in Japan then? Great day!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Glad to see you back posting! I have missed your discoveries. You keep me motivated, I know detecting the gulf of Florida beaches, pulling out that many nice gold in a single trip is just a dream. Wish I had had known about metal detecting when I was stationed in Japan (Yokota AB) 1984 -1988, I would have made a killing!

OP
OP
onthespot

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I will be back to hunting gulf beaches in 12 months.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations in order for your SPOT ON success. Don't try to wear it all back to the states might be mistaken for a pimp. LOL

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations: Good to hear from you again and that you are doing well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread