Buying excalibur this week

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I use the 8 inch, It does Good on the beaches, Are you going to purchase a New Excalibur.. It the next 2 weeks I will upload some of my May Beach Finds, Greenie Buttons and Coins. on May 14 and 15 ,2013

stevefisher7767

Jun 6, 2009
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have now an excaibur II 10 inch and 8inch and an excalibur blue 1000. Some say the 8inch is better at finding small gold and sniping out goodies in a trash filled areas and claims to be able to run it hotter [higher senstivity].. Some say the 10 inch covers more ground, searches deeper.. I like both of them, and use the 8 more after work because it weighs less..

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 8 inch, It does Good on the beaches, Are you going to purchase a New Excalibur.. It the next 2 weeks I will upload some of my May Beach Finds, Greenie Buttons and Coins. on May 14 and 15 ,2013

I'm looking to buy it in the next few days to have it for graduation week. At the beach near me the school kids party for about a week after school gets out that's for the input.

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have now an excaibur II 10 inch and 8inch and an excalibur blue 1000. Some say the 8inch is better at finding small gold and sniping out goodies in a trash filled areas and claims to be able to run it hotter [higher senstivity].. Some say the 10 inch covers more ground, searches deeper.. I like both of them, and use the 8 more after work because it weighs less..

I'm leaning more to the new excalibur 2 10 only because my wife is giving me the go. And may never do it again. Lol. Thanks for the input

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to buy it in the next few days to have it for graduation week. At the beach near me the school kids party for about a week after school gets out that's for the input.

Spell correct sucks wanted to say thanks for you input. Not (that's ).

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really can't go wrong with either the 8" or the 10". Given that you'll be hunting a lot of beach and won't be encountering a lot of surf & currents I'd get the 10" for the added coverage. The 8" is more of a utility coil for trashy areas, uneven ground, or when needing to reduce the amount drag on the end of the shaft, etc. Since you shouldn't be encountering too many of these issues I'd go with 10". However, eventually you're going to want to relocate/balance the weight on the shaft as swinging the Excal in it's stock setup can get fatiguing due to all the weight in front of the hand, this will also add a lot of drag when water hunting. There are several post in these forums in regards to balancing the shaft that you should probably be looking at because sooner or later you're going to want to balance the shaft. :thumbsup:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS has the answer..... expect to get a straight shaft and a GOOD scoop for out there. If you put in your time and the machine dont set in the closet it WILL pay for its self. I agree the factor is drag and trash in your area.

Dew

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS has the answer..... expect to get a straight shaft and a GOOD scoop for out there. If you put in your time and the machine dont set in the closet it WILL pay for its self. I agree the factor is drag and trash in your area.

Dew

Thanks great help

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 10 inch, you want to cover as much beach area as possible with each swing, your not going to run into that much trash at most beaches to be worrried about it... I have modded my excals, one has the 15 inch wot coil, another has the 12x15 inch SEF Butterfly coil. I use both of them in the surf and swing them for hours, granted I am only 64 so age is still on my side....:laughing7:

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really can't go wrong with either the 8" or the 10". Given that you'll be hunting a lot of beach and won't be encountering a lot of surf & currents I'd get the 10" for the added coverage. The 8" is more of a utility coil for trashy areas, uneven ground, or when needing to reduce the amount drag on the end of the shaft, etc. Since you shouldn't be encountering too many of these issues I'd go with 10". However, eventually you're going to want to relocate/balance the weight on the shaft as swinging the Excal in it's stock setup can get fatiguing due to all the weight in front of the hand, this will also add a lot of drag when water hunting. There are several post in these forums in regards to balancing the shaft that you should probably be looking at because sooner or later you're going to want to balance the shaft. :thumbsup:

That is great advice and I'm going to use it thanks for your help.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy the 8-inch coil. That way I can go behind you with my Excal 1000 (10" coil) and clean up all that you will miss. BTW... Merry Christmas. That is what it will feel like upon the purchase of any Excal. Notably, the 10" coil also gets the smalls--and that irritates me because I just want the lunkers.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 10 - the whole theory of 8 inch gets in the trashier areas has never quite panned out. As Treasure_Hunter said - The 10 inch will cover the most area and that's what you want in the water......

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy the 8-inch coil. That way I can go behind you with my Excal 1000 (10" coil) and clean up all that you will miss. BTW... Merry Christmas. That is what it will feel like upon the purchase of any Excal. Notably, the 10" coil also gets the smalls--and that irritates me because I just want the lunkers.

Lol. Thanks. Excal 10 inch coil

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 10 - the whole theory of 8 inch gets in the trashier areas has never quite panned out. As Treasure_Hunter said - The 10 inch will cover the most area and that's what you want in the water......

Thanks I feel like the 10 inch coil is more for me thank again

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 10 inch, you want to cover as much beach area as possible with each swing, your not going to run into that much trash at most beaches to be worrried about it... I have modded my excals, one has the 15 inch wot coil, another has the 12x15 inch SEF Butterfly coil. I use both of them in the surf and swing them for hours, granted I am only 64 so age is still on my side....:laughing7:

I hope I'm in that good of shape when I'm 64 I'm only 41 now with many years left (i hope)to swing with all you seasoned big dogs. I have to say I think very highly of all my forum family. Thanks for all the help

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Damn Marty, you're 64! After meeting you in person last year I would have guessed you to be 45 - 50 tops! Well done! :thumbsup:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marty........64!!!!! I never would have guessed that!

nutsdad..........at one time I had switchable coils and had the 7.5 inch, 10 inch and a 10x12 sef in my arsenal, the 7.5 almost never got used!!!!!
chuck.

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marty........64!!!!! I never would have guessed that!

nutsdad..........at one time I had switchable coils and had the 7.5 inch, 10 inch and a 10x12 sef in my arsenal, the 7.5 almost never got used!!!!!
chuck.

Thanks the more I hear the more I like the 10 inch. Thanks

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Use both 8/10 and the WOT, location is the deciding factor. Best all around the 10, then the 8 then the WOT. For me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread