Better than than Memorial day gold(soldiers ring return)

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_7166.JPG IMG_7167.JPG IMG_7168.JPG IMG_7170.JPG I was at Lido beach today with the family.(no detector) I noticed a bunch of people to my left in the water, looking for something. I asked what they lost, and a young man said his wedding band. He told me it was white gold. I told him to go to the lifeguard station and write down his name and contact info,and that I would search with a detector later that day. His wife was crying,and told me he is in the service and leaves for overseas this Thursday.I told her I would do my best. At 7:30 pm I called him, and asked if it was found and he said no. I hit the beach with my CZ21 at 8:20 in the general area (tide had gone out) and got the ring in the damp sand after one junk signal.It's amazing how far down it had sank in only a few hours,took me three scoops to get it. It was like a shot of adrenalin to the brain! I called him from the beach,and he said "tell me you have good news" I told him I had great news. He is getting permission from his commanding officer back at the Tampa base to meet me at the beach tomorrow,where it was lost.I will bring my camera and take pictures. Man I feel great! Happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_7169.JPG
    IMG_7169.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Upvote 0

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Lido beach today with the family.(no detector) I noticed a bunch of people to my left in the water, looking for something. I asked what they lost, and a young man said his wedding band. He told me it was white gold. I told him to go to the lifeguard station and write down his name and contact info,and that I would search with a detector later that day. His wife was crying,and told me he is in the service and leaves for overseas this Thursday.I told her I would do my best. At 7:30 pm I called him, and asked if it was found and he said no. I hit the beach with my CZ21 at 8:20 in the general area (tide had gone out) and got the ring in the damp sand after one junk signal.It's amazing how far down it had sank in only a few hours,took me three scoops to get it. It was like a shot of adrenalin to the brain! I called him from the beach,and he said "tell me you have good news" I told him I had great news. He is getting permission from his commanding officer back at the Tampa base to meet me at the beach tomorrow,where it was lost.I will bring my camera and take pictures. Man I feel great! Happy hunting.

That is great! Cudios to you!!!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Looking forward to the pics and the rest of the story. You did a great service for that serviceman!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
C

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just added some pictures.

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
You certainly went all the way for that guy! Enjoyed the whole story. Thanks for posting.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on that recovery.
Him and his wife won't forget what ya did for them. :-) :icon_thumright:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a wonderful story, czPro!:hello2:

Congratulations on retrieving and returning the wedding band!

You did well!:notworthy:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread