Monday in the surf Returned ring.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Spent the day in the surf, and ran into Les and Ken and several other hunters. Les showed me the ring and gold chain he had recovered! It got my heart a pumping, time for me to discover some of that for myself. There were tons of people there and so few targets, :( it was an enjoyable day. Found coins and junk. I was getting ready to head out of the water, when I was passing a British vacationer, he looked at me and said he had just lost his wedding ring, and his wife was bringing his swim goggles so he could pick it up off the bottom. He said I know it hasn't sunk in the sand yet. I ask him where he had lost it and he said right in front of him, he said I have not even moved. So I swung my coil in front of him, and there was that clear clean beeping sound we all enjoy hearing. He then told me if I found it he would love me forever, I said that's ok I would rather your wife love me forever ha ha! Scooped up the signal, saw the ring in the bottom of the scoop, scooped it into my hand and closed it. Then I ask his wife to describe the ring to me ( I had barely taken a glance at the ring in the scoop). She described it and I ask her to open my hand. She was so thrilled! Her husband jumped from where he was standing and gave me a hug, he was so thrilled. Hey your wife should be giving me a hug. We were all smiles and they thanked me, for recovering his wedding ring. So I went on my way and detected for another 10 minutes.
So as we all know helping others find and return their lost jewelry, Karma always comes back to us. My next target turned out to be a beer bottle cap. Lol. That's how my Karma has gone this season. But hey, enjoying a beautiful Memorial day remembering all my friends that served with in the Air Force, and my Son who is currently stationed at Minot, North Dakota in the Air Force, those are treasured memories.
Hope everyone had an Outstanding Memorial weekend!
Happy Detecting and Happy Hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a great feeling helping people get their wedding rings back, I was surprised no one asked me over the weekend to look for a lost ring or earing, took Monday off from huntin my boy wanted to see a movie H.H. Capt.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding (not to mention all that goooooood karma) kc10bull.

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Your karma is pretty shiny about now! Are you the bee- keeper I met at the meeting?

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return. My wife always reminds me about how karma is good and I always tell her it cuts into my profit margin. LOL.

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Hummm the profit margin, well my profit margin for that day was I made it out of bed! Got to go detecting in the beautiful Gulf of Florida! Had an enjoyable day detecting and finally the pay off reuniting a lost wedding ring with it's owner. My profit a big heart felt hug from a British vacationer and smiles all around. For the guy and his wife a story to share and remember for years to come. About an American in the surf returning their golden British treasure a wedding ring!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions