Jax Beach Nightmare!

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I decided after a great weekend I decided to venture out to the beach about LOW tide. The beach was a mess with litter..UNREAL! I did swing the old MD'r til about 730 when the crowd started heckling me a bit much, so I left and good thing I did. See link to news:

Police investigate brawl at Jacksonville Beach | News - Home

No reason to insight anything more than wow I got out 20 minutes to the good. <INSTINCT>

I did find have some targets to dig just nothing NEWS worthy LOL!!!

IMG_1254[1].JPG

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like my finds when I hunt Dania beach. lol. I think it's a shame that regular folk can't have a good time without being subjugated to young punk thugs causing trouble all over the freakin place. It's disgusting, every one of them need a baseball bat taken to their foreheads, be done with them for good. A waste of life to begin with. Welcome to America, land of the young punk thug raised by a welfare momma on crack and a daddy in prison. I also think it is a bigger joke that law enforcement closed down the entire event over a bunch of juvenile delinquents fist fighting, I mean... really? What the hell has happened to this country? Sorry, I didn't mean to rant and rave but this kind of crap pisses me off, on both issues. Freakin joke.

PS- Cool username! :thumbsup:

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's about what I take home when I hunt Jax beach...

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such acts and violence are not new, I have witnessed them countless times from early childhood till now as a senior.
I am sure I will see far more (sigh).

The difference today is that with cell phones,internet, and social media we see it happen real time (24/7 worldwide).

Safety is a carefully crafted illusion by a system which has taken away our ablility to defend ourselves and our possessions.
As you may already know, the police are there to enforce the law, not to prevent crime.
Justice is for the family (next of kin), it does a victim who is dead little good.
Support the Second Amendment " an armed society is a polite society"

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some cities, like Philly have had a problem with flash mobs. Kids using cell phones to organize in center city locations then just start beating on innocent bystanders, and loot stores. Philly has come down hard. Increased police presence. Security cam footage to ID dozens of kids, then charged as adults with felonies with no pleas bargains. Kids going to adult jail. That's the message.

No way to know if it has worked for good, but the police showing up at several High Schools and pulling out kids who thought they'd gotten away with it was reported as having a chilling effect. WTG Philly PD!

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been some discussion of late as to the obvious absence of the middle-aged/middle class on many of east coast beaches. This past weekend the majority of the holiday beach crowd was much younger then in previous years. Perhaps a sign of the times and what may yet lay ahead?

Scottyboy

May 15, 2012
Northwest Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I, Whites Prizm III, Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher 1280-x, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some cities, like Philly have had a problem with flash mobs. Kids using cell phones to organize in center city locations then just start beating on innocent bystanders, and loot stores. Philly has come down hard. Increased police presence. Security cam footage to ID dozens of kids, then charged as adults with felonies with no pleas bargains. Kids going to adult jail. That's the message.

No way to know if it has worked for good, but the police showing up at several High Schools and pulling out kids who thought they'd gotten away with it was reported as having a chilling effect. WTG Philly PD!

While I admire their efforts in Philly, I'm not sure how much good it will do... as it really amounts to taking kids out of regular school and sticking them into gladiator school.
Maybe if they would bring back chain gangs, and sentences like "10 years HARD LABOR" prisons might then become a better deterrent to crime.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I admire their efforts in Philly, I'm not sure how much good it will do... as it really amounts to taking kids out of regular school and sticking them into gladiator school.
Maybe if they would bring back chain gangs, and sentences like "10 years HARD LABOR" prisons might then become a better deterrent to crime.

Many of you may think i'm crazy after reading this but whatever...

Although I agree there are many that should be locked up, I don't think that's the answer. Maybe, just maybe, if parents (and I use that term lightly) nowadays would commit to raising their children properly to begin with, maybe then we could start to see a change. We live in a world where most families have two working parents and no one raising the kids except the kids themselves (or a computer). When I was growing up in the 70's and early 80's, we didn't have these problems. Of course we didn't have the internet either and I believe that has a lot to do with it also. Kids nowadays are desensitized, antagonized and encouraged to do things they normally wouldn't because of it. My opinion, no internet access (or phone with that capability) until your 18. May sound crazy but when you stop and think about when all this started, it was with the internet/computer and it's been getting worse and worse, slowly but surely over the last 30 years. Combine that with a two parent working household, unsupervised teenagers and no corporal punishment and you have a recipe for disaster. Hence, a bunch of uncivilized banshees running the streets creating havoc at will.

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Good point. Diggummup. Problem is most do not have real parents. My sister was a teacher in a bad part of Baltimore City. Out of a class 35 maybe 2 children had a mother and father at home. Most lived with grandma and then the aunt. Many of the parents on welfare and drugs. Some parents get arrested then go to jail for a year or so and come out with a jail education and a bad attitude. we need to look at the drug problem like a health problem and take the crime and profit out of it. A lot of kids really need help. My sister left after someone put a gun to her head in the school parking lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread