Small gold, Big stones ... The Shark lives on!

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• lilone copy.gif
    lilone copy.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring.

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very Nice! WTG!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That's a beauty, Dew....tell me, please....what was that target sound like from the Shark?

thanks

Lorraine

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Ring! Yep, too bad the Shark won't find small or deep gold for maybe what, three people out of a thousand? :laughing7:

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Heck Dew, I wouldn't consider that small.....its got to weigh 3-4 grams. Very nice ring!
Cliff

bn81159

Jul 2, 2012
Boca Raton
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
That's a beauty, Dew....tell me, please....what was that target sound like from the Shark?

thanks

Lorraine

Lorraine I got a shark and found 2 gold rings last year with it. Depending on how deep the ring is, 12 inches you will hear a faint sound, shallow the sound is loud and prominent. This year my shark is my backup to my modified excal. Barry

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Ray, when we gonna meet up and hunt?
DC

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Lorraine I got a shark and found 2 gold rings last year with it. Depending on how deep the ring is, 12 inches you will hear a faint sound, shallow the sound is loud and prominent. This year my shark is my backup to my modified excal. Barry

Thanks , Barry.

I've been thinking about a Sand Shark lately....just a tad worried about the weight...I think it is a bit heavier than the GT?

Lorraine

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks , Barry.

I've been thinking about a Sand Shark lately....just a tad worried about the weight...I think it is a bit heavier than the GT?

Lorraine
Been thinking the same thing... No finds=new detector!!!

OP
OP
DewGuru

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks , Barry.

Lorraine

HI Lorraine! The shark weighs in at 4.4lbs vs the Sov GT at 4.8lbs. I find mine to be pretty well balanced on the stock shaft, but have seen others using a plugger ... etc.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring DewGuru . Lol nope the shark won't find the goods . Congrats :occasion14:

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Dew I love my Shark, it is a simple machine that finds the good stuff! Awesome ring by the way!

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Dew, did you leave me any thing, HH

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks , Barry.

Lorraine

Lorraine: Before you jump on the PI bandwagon, try only hunting in all metal mode with your Sovereign for a few weeks
to see how you like digging in the rocks without discriminate. Record all finds and time spent hunting.

A few weeks later switch back to discriminate and repeat the same process. If there is a lot of trash where you hunt you should
do far better in discriminate as you will be able to cover more ground, with a lot less digging.

You should do better buying an 8 inch Tornado DD which is approx 1/2 the size of your ten inch coil, plus a used inline probe which can be used as an even smaller coil with less depth plus find targets in the hole. This will allow you to snake between rocks which are less than 10 inches apart.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread