Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I haven't posted finds on here for a while but I am still out there and finding "stuff" regularly. Metal detecting has always been such a solace for me and unfortunately and strangely it's seeming so irrelevant recently.

I'm recovering from the impact of losing my dad last month. It wasn't a huge surprise since he had just turned 94 ... still painful though.

I have discovered a very gratifying aspect of metal detecting that seems more relevant. I'm regularly scanning Craigslist for lost beach items. Yesterday I connected with Jason. His wife lost her wedding band at Huntington Beach Memorial Day. He agreed to meet me and narrow down the loss area.

Well it worked just great ... about 10 minutes in .. got a great shallow signal in the dry sand with my Dual Field. Yep..it was the ring. It's a wide wedding band and unmistakeable. Jason was stunned. I told him that knowing there's a ring there makes it much easier.

Gotta love this hobby!

Attachments

• Jason hand ring 0 sm.jpg
    Jason hand ring 0 sm.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Jason and ring sm.jpg
    Jason and ring sm.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return but more importantly, I'm sorry for your loss. I applaud your efforts to help others. Hopefully over time the enjoyment of metal detecting will come back and give you as much pleasure as it has in the past.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love these stories have had the opportunity to look for some peoples lost rings and have found them and also looked for one until i couldn't search anymore and did not find it, sometimes people think they lost it in a place and i find it somewhere else near to where they say, great job !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread