wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck man i'ed like to hit the beach down there but dont thank i could handle the 9 hour ride

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm pretty lucky where I'm at. I live in Halifax County NC. Soooooooo much history here from the Revolution to the Civil War. Then I'm only 2 1/2 hours from the coast. I'm sure if I lived out there (coast) I would know where to go and how to hunt it in the proper manner. I'm just glad I've still got my Mom here on this good Earth and she's in good enough health to enjoy this hobby with me. Maybe I should appreciate that more and Karma will throw a few good things my way. Lol! I wish I could just take a week and stay out there and do nothing but hunt the beach every day for that week and see what happens.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one nice gold find seems to take miles off the odometer, relieve pain and makes a cloudy day :sunny: enjoy the ride and go get what is yours Metal detective

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I wish I could join you but I am headed in another direction. Most of the Beaches in that area looks sanded in. from looking at web cams. I hope someday to hook up with someone that has 4 wheel drive and could search the dunes to the Virginia State Line. Check out my recent beach finds, Topic When your Hot Your Hot, Thanks

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nugget I just checked out your other thread. Very very nice finds. I'm jealous. Lol! I would kill to get up to where you're talking about. Had a 4 wheel drive and sold it! Shame shame! I did talk to a guy on the beach that said some reales have been popping up up that way. Saw a guy last year with a giant bin full of 50 caliber casings. They are ALL OVER the beach up there. It used to be a navy live fire range up there from what I'm told back during WWII. I'm ready whenever you are!!

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DaleGM...I didn't find anything but 6 pennies. I had my best hunting friend with me though...my mama...that nade my day without the good finds! The ride there and back was full of laughs!!

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metallica.detective,

I haven't been on T-net in a couple of days and just noticed your post. I just wanted to give you a heads-up for the next time that you and mom head east to the beach. First, detecting on the beach from Oregan Inlet north up to the Virginia state line is OK. But, stay off of Hatteras Island. If caught you'll likely get a fine, have your detector confiscated or go to jail and possibly all three. Second, you're only allowed to hunt from Oregan Inlet to the Va. Line from the first of September until the end of May. Third, stay off the dunes with your detector or again you're risking the above penalties. If you enter the beach through a public beach access detecting rules are posted. Or better yet, look up the OBX laws for yourself. I hope you and mom have better luck next time but any day at the beach is a good day!

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks stormsurge. I've researched the laws and made myself well aware of them. I would have to disagree with you on the September through may deal. I believe you are speaking of the state park beach area law. I haven't seen anything at a public access area regarding detecting and I went to several. Even spoke to several local guys and they made no mention of this. I know to stay away from mm23 and below...Hatteras national seashore. Thanks for looking out for me though. Being in the law enforcement community i try to stay aware of the laws where I'm headed to. This hobby would not be worth losing my job to...getting arrested for...or my expensive gear taken away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread