vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
Until someone replies - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Tennessee and leaving your request.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm by no means an expert, but I believe all underwater/shore hunting is off limits in TN, at least on anything controlled by the TVA or Corps of Engineers - which is about 99.99%.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be up around the Knoxville, TN area for a bit ... Anyone here hunting up this way?

I'm going to be there also June 17th- 21st. I go several times a year for work. Beautiful water everywhere. Tempted to carry Tiger Shark to swimming hole!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As mentioned earlier you have to stay off of any waterways owned by the TVA which is most of the lakes and rivers. I used to live in Knoxville and now live about 30 miles from there and I do know of some water hunters. I can get in touch with them and see where they hunt. A friend of mine went water hunting Saturday and did not have any luck. He was hunting a creek that goes thru some property we have been hunting for civil war relics. We have been finding a lot of bullets and buttons in the field but the grass is way to high to hunt now so he thought he would try the creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread