When your Hot your Hot-- May 14 & 15 ,2013 Beach Results

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
What was I thinking, on May 13,2013, I ordered an Minelab E-trac . Then the next 2 days I was useing my Minelab Excalibur with an 8 inch coil . I've been Detecting Beaches for over 30 years. I use Google Earth to check the beach conditions and Beach Web Cams. I love to chase North Eastern Storms and Hurricanes. I found a spot on Google Earth and gave it a try. I walked for 70 minutes before I turned on the detector at the waters edge, Bingo, a 3 Cent Copper Nickel, I search this area for another 30 minutes but nothing else showed up. I turned off the detector and walked another 40 minutes and decided this would be a starting point. I started to see coins on top of the sand plus the detector was sounding off. I found a Classic Head large Cent and a Seated Half just laying on top of the sand and other small coins. I use a Babbs scoop with a stainless steel tip. I do not know of any scoop that would have been able to search and get out all the Coins and Buttons in the Oyster Shells.As you will see in the pictures all the small items that fell threw the holes in the scoop had to be handed sifted, since I don't use a pinpointer ( believe I'll take one next trip ) Coin & Button Display 1 .JPG , Metal Finds Display 1 .JPG , Shield Nickel 1  4 .JPG , Zipper Pulls Display .JPG , Coin Display 1 .JPG

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I get it are u disapointed u got the etrac I dont own one but have heard many good things & that they love coins as well

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING FINDS. You certainly have found a great strategy to find the old stuff.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW I love that old stuff great area you have there and that is a lot digging.Would love to see close-up's of some of those relics .

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice relics and coins! I would like to see more close ups of them as well. Great hunts!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an Amazing haul of treasure...WTG GN..!! This is the kind of post I like..multible hunts...

I just got myself a water PP also, said I would never use one....then I just started hunting the Bay last month...trash, trash, and more trash..they work great. Special when the old eyes see everything as looking the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread