Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be more than happy to help you any time on any questions...

A lot of us want reveal where we find the gold though, that is just asking for more hunters to compete with you for the gold.

Remember it isn't just the members posting, we have thousands of visitors ever day who have not signed up.. If you post "check out beach A your finding gold", you just told thousands of people to go there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Somebody posted...probably Scoop: "It is 33% machine, 33% skill, and 33% luck." I'm not asking for anybody to reveal their secret hunting spots. I have a small strip of beach I found that I don't think too many people know about. I'm just talking about general conditions. Like "Clearwater was swamped with hunters, avoid it." or
"We are all sanded in, maybe try the dry sand."
or
"At treasure island, lots of targets and not a lot of hunters."

Also, everybody posts the gold but what about the other targets? Some others post the coins and stuff too. It helps give people a reference frame.

You know what I'm saying?

"I found a honker gold with emeralds on the gulf coast, here is a pic." Really...congrats. How about throwing a tip in with that massive ring?

IMHO,

Crispin

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I am not a Guru by any means. I try to post helpful information about conditions when I can. Unfortunately, everytime I ask somebody for a tip I never get any replies. I'm hoping to lead by example. Seems like a lot of people are more interested in showing off their finds then discussing how they find them, in what conditions, where, and when. Shame...

IMHO, if you don't want to help people learn the hobby then I have no interest in you showing off your finds.

Crispin

You never know everything. Most of us on here are not Gurus. We are just looking to learn and make some golden memories. However, the only time I might post conditions at a particular beach is when it is not my regular beach and there is no way I am able to get back there again this season. You only have to do that once before you realize exactly what "Treasure Hunter" said in his post. You will have made that beach someone else's "regular beach". On the issue of hunting tips. The first thread under "Beach and Shallow Water" is a link to "The Golden Oldie". That link is filled with tips. Virtually everything you need to know about beach and shallow water hunting. If you haven't gone there, you need to. Good luck in your next hunt, and Blessings to ya, Ralph

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You never know everything. Most of us on here are not Gurus. We are just looking to learn and make some golden memories. However, the only time I might post conditions at a particular beach is when it is not my regular beach and there is no way I am able to get back there again this season. You only have to do that once before you realize exactly what "Treasure Hunter" said in his post. You will have made that beach someone else's "regular beach". On the issue of hunting tips. The first thread under "Beach and Shallow Water" is a link to "The Golden Oldie". That link is filled with tips. Virtually everything you need to know about beach and shallow water hunting. If you haven't gone there, you need to. Good luck in your next hunt, and Blessings to ya, Ralph

Okay, forget I said anything. If anybody in the Gulf wants a tip when they visit feel free to PM me. Otherwise, I'll go back to saying nothing. IMHO, good luck with going it alone.

Crispin,

Ps. I don't need tips on how to hunt but thanks for pointing it out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin not sure what tips your wanting people to give then, unless your talking surf or beach erosion conditions...

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin not sure what tips your wanting people to give then, unless your talking surf or beach erosion conditions...

Yeah, that was pretty much it. With the storm that came through we could benefit by telling each other where we are having luck before the soft sand fills back in. I went to Treasure Island and posted about it. Same thing with Madeira. These are not secret spots. They are well known places that are well hunted. We can't all go to all beaches from Ft. De Soto to Clearwater. If some cuts develop in some places and not others we can all benefit. I am just disappointed that people have not said much.

If you tell me you found a gold ring at Clearwater I don't think that is going to change the number of hunters. Same thing as St. Pete or Treasure Island. But heh, if silence is the standard....

Crispin

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just because someone had the fortune to find a piece of gold/silver/platinum/ or whatever does not mean that there is going to be more of the same in the same area.. Sheeesh, this isn't like finding a vein of ore, it's usually like finding a 0ne inch circle with an 8 inch circle in a body of water that is huge. I know you can improve your chances by visiting beaches that have an upper crust clientele, but it all boils down to swinging over the goods.

My best gold find was a 24 inch 18k gold necklace with the clasp intact, in ankle deep water next to the st pete pier. Is everyone going to go there now? BTW, it was high tide on a full moon with calm conditions but a bit murky water.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
just because someone had the fortune to find a piece of gold/silver/platinum/ or whatever does not mean that there is going to be more of the same in the same area.. Sheeesh, this isn't like finding a vein of ore, it's usually like finding a 0ne inch circle with an 8 inch circle in a body of water that is huge. I know you can improve your chances by visiting beaches that have an upper crust clientele, but it all boils down to swinging over the goods.

My best gold find was a 24 inch 18k gold necklace with the clasp intact, in ankle deep water next to the st pete pier. Is everyone going to go there now? BTW, it was high tide on a full moon with calm conditions but a bit murky water.

Thanks Dave! That is what I'm talking about. If anything, the odds of hitting gold at the same place decrease. You folks with the advanced machines should be sending me all the places you detect and ask me to go. I'll clean out all the iron with the sand shark and your odds will increase.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandshark, samshark, I use a SeaHunter and unless you can find 1/2 inch long pieces of sparkler wires 14 inches below the surface of the sand, you aren't even trying. Or b b s or is that bbs? at 17 inches in the surf?

When we finally meet up Crispin, you'll recognize me by my left bicep being 32 inches around. :)

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am not a Guru by any means. I try to post helpful information about conditions when I can. Unfortunately, everytime I ask somebody for a tip I never get any replies. I'm hoping to lead by example. Seems like a lot of people are more interested in showing off their finds then discussing how they find them, in what conditions, where, and when. Shame...

IMHO, if you don't want to help people learn the hobby then I have no interest in you showing off your finds.

Crispin

I totally agree Crisp anybody that needs info on New Jersey beaches give a holler anytime. Main problem this year is Sandy debris buried everywhere. I was in Ocean City today at North St better knows as the gardens. They have replenished so much sand that when you get close to the water it is a 4 ft drop off. Found change in the dry some additional in the water and some more brass casings from the military.
Scope out the beaches and where the folks are sitting and laying. Sorry to say it is going to take sometime for things to get back to normal. I also do a lot of hunting in Margate Ventnor and Longport over the years.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
sandshark, samshark, I use a SeaHunter and unless you can find 1/2 inch long pieces of sparkler wires 14 inches below the surface of the sand, you aren't even trying. Or b b s or is that bbs? at 17 inches in the surf?

When we finally meet up Crispin, you'll recognize me by my left bicep being 32 inches around. :)

I'll take on that challenge. If I turn the sensitivity all the way up I can find half inch pieces of crab pots at 18+ inches. Nothing beats the shark...

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow never thought my last post would generate so many replies lol. Hey gang I can tell you for me it is more about the fun of the hunt and enjoying the views. Nothing like a fresh salt air breeze in the morning after a good hard rain! I joined this community because of the vast knowledge of all kinds.

I wave if not go up and introduce myself to everyone swinging a machine no matter what kind. Crap I will show you my finds and tell you were I found them! I enjoy Gravedigger Max vids so much because of his sense of comradery with all that hunt the beaches in his area.

Crispin I appreciate your inputs and do appreciate you swinging that SS before me...LOL!

If I ever see any of you I will probably offer to buy you lunch and a cold one!!!

Just sayin...TY and HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my custom excal using either 15" wot or 12x15" sef butterfly coils I can pull targets 16-22"+ hunting in reverse discrimination and still not find any iron in my scoop.

Find a real deep target remove couple scoops of sand then switch to desc on custom switch on handle to see if it nulls.:thumbup:

Works especially good on wet sand after a hard rain has washed some of the salt away..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
With my custom excal using either 15" wot or 12x15" sef butterfly coils I can pull targets 16-22"+ hunting in reverse discrimination and still not find any iron in my scoop.

Find a real deep target remove couple scoops of sand then switch to desc on custom switch on handle to see if it nulls.:thumbup:

Works especially good on wet sand after a hard rain has washed some of the salt away..

Show off! :)

I get more exercise digging...so there!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show off! :)

I get more exercise digging...so there!

You need note exercise than I do...:D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread