Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.not today as safety may be an issue.
2.it will make a difference, not necessarily for the better .
3.going to hunt central Florida gulf coast.

i am not trying to be smart, trying to be honest

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to the beach tomorrow look for cuts wouldn't get in the water yet , tides are super high wait for the wind shift!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) No
2) Yes. If you can find the right areas.
3) Hopefully in those right areas that I won't be able to even look for until after this system settles down.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, why isn't anybody talking about it? We have a tropical storm in the Gulf Coast and nobody has said a word about hunting there. I have a couple questions for anyone who will answer:

1. Anybody brave the waters yet?
2. Do you think it will move enough sand to make a difference?
3. Where are you guys going to hunt?

Crispin

I was thinking same thing last night! Anyone want to call in sick Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking same thing last night! Anyone want to call in sick Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Wish I could! I'm going out Sat. morning. If anybody does well tomorrow I would be most grateful for a general hint. The way I see it, there is a ton of beach to cover and only a little time to do it in. I will share any info I gather on Sat...wouldn't mind a tip or two before I head out. ;)

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crisp, Hope you weather the storm with no problems. Have a brother-in-law in Cooper City, and when I talked to him last night he was tired of the rain. But cheer up, it's moving north, and we here in Vt. are looking at it's rain for the next two days. Got over 7 inches last week and the lake level rose 2.5 ft. We were piking up docks out on the road.

Relax with a cold one and hit the beaches when you can. HH, and take care.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crisp, Hope you weather the storm with no problems. Have a brother-in-law in Cooper City, and when I talked to him last night he was tired of the rain. But cheer up, it's moving north, and we here in Vt. are looking at it's rain for the next two days. Got over 7 inches last week and the lake level rose 2.5 ft. We were piking up docks out on the road.

Relax with a cold one and hit the beaches when you can. HH, and take care.

Thanks Bro. I'm a strong swimmer...really strong. So I'm going out Saturday come hell or high water, no pun intended. ;)

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For jersey, so far, just a big rain storm. but you never know till ya know! I'll be out on the beach tomorrow.

With all the replenishment going on we could use a storm that takes some sand with it

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got out of the drink. All if did over here was help the sand along, everything is filling in rapidly.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Scoop!

We got a heavier hit. I'm heading out tomorrow morning. I will update everybody on what I see.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
For jersey, so far, just a big rain storm. but you never know till ya know! I'll be out on the beach tomorrow.

With all the replenishment going on we could use a storm that takes some sand with it

Funny how we all hope the storms come and take away our tax dollars used to replenish the beach! Lol, kind of ironic.

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
Heading out tonight but not gulf coast, off coast of NC. Didnt get much tidal action but a little higher surf than usual. I'll let you guys know what I find.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got out of the drink. All if did over here was help the sand along, everything is filling in rapidly.

Big lots of sand came off our beaches over here got 1 nice 925 ring in the dry sand or I should say wet the low tide was as high as a normal high. got my Xcal back this afternoon it's doing the same thing as when I sent it in in the first place , couldn't even call them and ***** they were closed today . guess I will send it back Monday.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to Treasure Island at 6am. A lot of sand was stripped off. I dug a ton of targets. Found one 925 and will post when I get everything cleaned up. Digging old pull tabs up to 18inches. Lots of trash, old can slaw just laying around in the seaweed. Wish I was there at low tide. I'm giving it two thumbs up to hunt. No obvious cuts seen.

When to Madiera to look for cuts. None found, but there was a significant increase in slope towards the water. High tide at that time.

Water too rough to detect in...unless you are crazy. Good luck everybody.

Crispin

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Ok headed south Thursday and hunkered down in Tampa Hard Rock (lost my butt). Hunted Clearwater South and hit a nice 585 with a little stone.

Hunted S of Treasure island and got hot in a qtr line for a while but no special wins! Pics coming as soon as I d/l them!

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok headed south Thursday and hunkered down in Tampa Hard Rock (lost my butt). Hunted Clearwater South and hit a nice 585 with a little stone.

Hunted S of Treasure island and got hot in a qtr line for a while but no special wins! Pics coming as soon as I d/l them!

Check out Treasure Island at the low tide. There were targets everywhere and not enough time to dig them. It will probably fill in fast. I parked at the "Public Parking" and headed North. I dabbled going South but there was not as much. Good luck. Scan the seaweed!

Crispin

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Check out Treasure Island at the low tide. There were targets everywhere and not enough time to dig them. It will probably fill in fast. I parked at the "Public Parking" and headed North. I dabbled going South but there was not as much. Good luck. Scan the seaweed!

Crispin

I would love to plan another trip down that way. Maybe next storm that comes thru I will hit you up. always looking to absorb knowledge from you GURU's.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to plan another trip down that way. Maybe next storm that comes thru I will hit you up. always looking to absorb knowledge from you GURU's.

I am not a Guru by any means. I try to post helpful information about conditions when I can. Unfortunately, everytime I ask somebody for a tip I never get any replies. I'm hoping to lead by example. Seems like a lot of people are more interested in showing off their finds then discussing how they find them, in what conditions, where, and when. Shame...

IMHO, if you don't want to help people learn the hobby then I have no interest in you showing off your finds.

Crispin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a Guru by any means. I try to post helpful information about conditions when I can. Unfortunately, everytime I ask somebody for a tip I never get any replies. I'm hoping to lead by example. Seems like a lot of people are more interested in showing off their finds then discussing how they find them, in what conditions, where, and when. Shame...

IMHO, if you don't want to help people learn the hobby then I have no interest in you showing off your finds.

Crispin

I will be more than happy to help you any time on any questions...

A lot of us want reveal where we find the gold though, that is just asking for more hunters to compete with you for the gold.

Remember it isn't just the members posting, we have thousands of visitors ever day who have not signed up.. If you post "check out beach A your finding gold", you just told thousands of people to go there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread