Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still don't have my Xcal up and running yet so, I used my old CZ6A in the dry sand. A lot of the upper beach has moved off maybe 4 - 5 inches due to Tropical Storm Andrea.

IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0033.JPG

The ring looked good in the scoop. Could see the 925 and knew it was silver, but it looked like brass was coming through. Took it to the jeweler and he said it had been gold plated at one time. Of course the stone was not a real diamond! Nobody puts diamonds in silver.

IMG_0032.JPG

Interesting looking boat hook of some sort. Looks like it was mounted on a wooden pole. Not quite sure what it is but I think I might have seen something like this before.

Having trouble with my Xcal. Got it back from Minelab and it is still doing the same thing as it did when I sent it off. When I try to turn my threshold up to where I can hear a tone, it starts crazy and starts jumping all over the place. Any thoughts or ideas, please PM me.
Thanks

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That 's a pretty silver ring , jonnie.

Good coin count, too.

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs :hello2:Congratulations:icon_thumright:

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Cool Finds!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonnie.... actually this year i have found one with several little diamonds that was gold plated as well ..... the big shocker.... i found one last week that was Tung with a small diamond. Then in reverse.... i got a nice 14K someone put a huge CZ in. Whats this world coming to. You are CLEANING house Jonnie..... great site and digs.

Dew

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
nice ring Jonnie. sorry but no help on the excal. hope you get it sorted out soon.

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Grate ring Capt! I would say 1/2 my silver rings I find in Japan with diamonds mounted test positive, they are just really small.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonnie.... get that Xcal in for repair, turn around is about 10 days. Its not going to get better with age. We talked about it.... sounds a lot like your coil is out of tune. If it were the headphones you would be getting some breaking up. Any EMI produced is coming thur that coil and yours appears to be producing way to much sensitivity especially in Auto or 12 o'clock on the dry sand. Based on what i heard on the phone it didnt take it much threshold to produce all that chatter and your settings are good.

Dew

OP
OP
baywalker

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks every one for your help, before I send it back this time I want the tech. to hear what I am hearing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread