nulls

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Don't ignore all the nulls you will hear a good tone sometimes with all the nulls to targets, and listen for the low tones to for the gold...happy hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when using an excel does anyone dig nulls, and has anyone found gold doing so???

When you get a null, sweep it from different directions to see if there is another target there, as example if sweeping from N to S and get a null, always sweep it again E to W at least... you may get a solid null one direction and a good tone from another, it is telling you there is a target there with the iron.... If you hit a null and move on with out checking it again then your doing it wrong.... Ever null i get I recheck from multiple directions before moving on, I have fould gold this way..

I have dug hundreds of solid nulls after checking multiple direction sweeps and never ever found a good target if it was only nulling out...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in Disc mode walking the wet sand just above the waterline last night, got a null but couldn't raise a tone, switched to PP and got a very faint threshold break - the threshold returned to it's original smooth pitch so I took some sand off over the target to get the coil closer, started raising a tone in both Disc & PP. Glad I took the time to check! As TH says, most of the time nulls are junk/iron but sometimes the target can be just on the edge of the machine's capabilities. Good "hard nulls" can usually be trusted, but be very careful of trusting those weak/tiny/faint nulls.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig every thing ,it's safer!!

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug a couple of solid nulls yesterday just to see hat it was...first target was a 2012 two peso mex coin and the second was a 2012 five peso mex coin, in disc they didn't make a sound at all! There's no telling how many I've passed up,

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly likely made of stainless steel.

Dug a couple of solid nulls yesterday just to see hat it was...first target was a 2012 two peso mex coin and the second was a 2012 five peso mex coin, in disc they didn't make a sound at all! There's no telling how many I've passed up,

I suspect your detector nulled because they are mostly stainless steel.

Out of curiosity, I asked on the internet what a Mexican Peso is made of.
Here is the answer I got: "The Mexican Peso was originally made of silver. It has also been made of gold and bronze. Most modern Mexican pesos coins, however, are made out of aluminum bronze and stainless steel."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread