New used CTX 3030 what settings OC Maryland?

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I can't believe I did this but I just bought a new 3 month old CTX 3030. After OBN told me the worst that could happen is , I use it for a year or so then sell and get my money back it seemed to make sense to buy. I just got so good with my Excal II in all metal mode that I didn't want to use time during the season learning a new machine. But any way I am going to try it on the beach be for deposits really start coming in. I have the new seawater upgrade. Besides being in beach mode with seawater on any more advice for settings along OC Maryland beaches. Thanks all

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your killing me MB!! Congrads on the new machine buddy, I really don't think you can go wrong with it, special at the great price you got it for. I really think that between coin/iron beach and OC you are really improving the odds with the CTX...

One thing, don't force the CTX into your hunting, still use the Excalibur when the place is packed (when the odds are high), and then use the CTX on the slower week days. That way there is not as much pressure for it to perform and you can concentrate on it's habits. The good is you know the target history of all the beach's, this will help in the learning. See you soon.....Joe

diamondr

Greenie
Aug 10, 2011
I wouldnt submerge it in saltwater. Mine leaked. It's only a week and a half old. And I cleaned the O ring and the grove it goes in of sand after each charge. I used a magnified glass to look for sand each time and it still leaked. And yes the O ring was seated correctly.

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
I wouldnt submerge it in saltwater. Mine leaked. It's only a week and a half old. And I cleaned the O ring and the grove it goes in of sand after each charge. I used a magnified glass to look for sand each time and it still leaked. And yes the O ring was seated correctly.

The guy that sold me this told me one of his hunting buddies bought one the same time. His buddy had his leak two times. Sent the first one back got a new one. Sent the second one back waiting on a new one. I really don't think these things should be going in the surf past a foot or two. Been reading the manual. Holy cow this thing can be complicated and I was once a Unix manager. Not even sure I am spelling Unix correct anymore though. I am going to take it out tonight for my first spin all sanded in just testing some things out. Besides the leak how did you like it? Wish me luck.

diamondr

Greenie
Aug 10, 2011
I liked the CTX a lot. Found gold the second and fourth time out with it. Silver every time. The CTX goes deep with correct ID down to 10" 12". After 12" the Id is a little off but the tone is still good. I also use 10" and 8" Excaliburs and had a Whites Dual Field PI for beach hunting. I wish I never sold that PI. For land I had and sold A Whites V3i, MXT, and a E-Trac. Again all very good detectors. In the little time that I was able to use the CTX I would say it is the best one that I have used and that's no lie. This thing will amaze you. Its a lot similar to the E-Trac but a ton better.

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Diamondr you are correct. First time out had it in beach mode with saltwater on running at 25 sensitivity. No false signals as long as your moving the cool. Loud sounds on little peaces of deep copper and brass. I went to Bethany Beach which is loaded with WW II fragments. I am really impressed for my first time. Can't wait to learn more. I also air tested it with who knows what settings and it seemed about the same as the CZ 21 and the Excalibur but the sound is so load and clear. Can 't wait to do some test on the beach. Thanks for the reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread