Gold/Ice saved the day...

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to VA beach for the morning low tide today, and it couldn't have been a much slower day. Nobody I talked to had found much more than a couple coins. Took me two hours to find my first coin, a penny. But right after that two hour wait of diggin trash targets and a single penny I hit a nice sounding mid tone. Took three scoops with my big Sunspot 720i to get it, but it was worth the effort. I was rewarded with this nice 14K GOLD, 3.08g ring. :hello2: Stones tested positive for diamonds! Ended the day with 63 cents otherwise. Oh, and a toy car that my son will be happy with.

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 06-17-13ring.jpg
    06-17-13ring.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
Never any doubt for me that you had the real thing. Though a slow day, giving the little boy my handful of change and a cool shell and seeing his face made it another great day at the beach. Watching the lifeguards training made it even better. Never a bad day at the Beach! Way to save the day.

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nate,
Never any doubt for me that you had the real thing. Though a slow day, giving the little boy my handful of change and a cool shell and seeing his face made it another great day at the beach. Watching the lifeguards training made it even better. Never a bad day at the Beach! Way to save the day.

Glad you were able to make it out. Nice of you to give away your treasure too! And the guards were nice!!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a beauty, DG!:notworthy:

I love the style of that ring!

Lorraine

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beauty, DG!:notworthy:

I love the style of that ring!

Lorraine

Thanks...It's nice finding rings that aren't just plain bands. Been lucky my last two gold rings. :)

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice! WTG!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you, that's great!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice ring and it was nice when I held it on the beach, WAIT the BEACH? I found nothing but junk and a few clad coins but I will say the lifeguards did look nice while training lol. This old dog of a relic hunter just may not be a beach hunter. I do like the sites but I'd rather dig in the dirt. But, I'll keep going out with you guys because right now the heat and ticks suck! See you soon!

Wes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread