Kellyco Is Now Authorized Minelab Repair Center

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy to say that I have found out Kellyco and Minelab have come to an agreement and Kellyco is now an offical Minelab Repair center complete with a pressure tank to pressure test Excals.. They are not set up with parts for the CTX 3030 or the GPX line yet, but can do repairs on all others.....

If your detector is still under warranty you will still need to contact Minelab in Chicago to see about the warranty repairs, if your no longer under warranty you have a choice of contacting Minelab in Chicago or contacting Kellyco in Orlando for the repairs.....

For those of us living in Florida and on the South East coast it should speed up repairs. When I was there they were working on a turn around of about 10 days or less.....

More info to follow as I get it.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last week I was having some trouble with my Excalibur II. I tried to contact Minelab to see if they could help as my machine is still under warranty. After 2 days of numerous attempts to try to reach somebody from technical support and waiting for a call back, I called Kellyco. They put me through to one of their techs who tried to help me but said he would have Dave call me back. Less than 5 minutes later I was on the phone with Dave and he had me up and running! Dave also gave me a few maintenance tips as well. Thanks Dave and thanks Kellyco!

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW you tell me! This is great news, but, too late. For the last few weeks my headphones jacket keeps cracking and peeling back. I did the best I could by using Liquid black tape. This stuff works great. Still I knew some day I was going to be in deep trouble and not have a machine. I have another headset with a male connector like for the battery. I saved parts from old battery cylinders. I sweated this one out. Can I do it myself? I took my time and BINGO I have two workable headsets. I'm back in business. Yes! I did wet test it. Still! Beings Kellyco is near by It should be a great advantage for repairs as long as there rates are respectable. No one mentioned there rates? Thanks TW

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have delt with Kellyco since the 80's and "NEVER" had a problem. I visited their shop and had a good experience. They also helped on the Daytona Hunts when they were put on in previous years. Once in a while I call Margaret just to say Hello.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great transaction with kellyco seems from what Ive heard & seen if u just look for what u want & buy it right off the site seems something goes wrong if u email them talk to a rep like I did u get what u want mention u r a,member of tnet get money off shipped next day, & all emails to prove tracking #'s everything Ud want & need I dealt with Roberto Morales perfect deal

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I was having some trouble with my Excalibur II. I tried to contact Minelab to see if they could help as my machine is still under warranty. After 2 days of numerous attempts to try to reach somebody from technical support and waiting for a call back, I called Kellyco. They put me through to one of their techs who tried to help me but said he would have Dave call me back. Less than 5 minutes later I was on the phone with Dave and he had me up and running! Dave also gave me a few maintenance tips as well. Thanks Dave and thanks Kellyco!

Hey sand gnat. What tips for maintenance did he give you. Any help would be helpful. Nutsdad

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave is "the man" he is a wizard when it comes to detectors, especially Minelabs.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say Dave knows his Excalls.I flooded mine last week and i called Dave and he told me to get it to him ASAP .He told me to put water damage on the box and he would get on it .I was able to pick it up 3 days later.He even had Minelab over night a new tube .Because mine had spider cracks from end to end .I don't want to get into all the details but he did me right.And I would send it to Dave and his brother before sending it to Chi town.Hopefully no time soon.lol Dave (kellyco) AA +

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey sand gnat. What tips for maintenance did he give you. Any help would be helpful. Nutsdad

Dave told me to purchase some silicone spray from a dive shop not the kind from your local hardware store because it has petroleum in it. Spray silicone on the coil cable every so often to keep it from drying out and cracking. Also to purchase a tube of silicone grease to lubricate the rubber seals with. Remove the rubber seal from the battery cable and work some silicone grease into the seal and then wipe it off with a paper towel. This will keep the seals soft and pliable. There is also a spare seal in your charger connection. Dave also mentioned routing the coil cable straight up the shaft and coil it below the handle. Remember to leave enough slack at the bottom of the shaft to allow the coil to move without putting a strain on the coil cable. He said to attach the coil cable to the shaft using tie wraps but to insert the tie wraps first into small pieces of Tygon Tubing before securing. This acts as a chafe guard to protect the coil cable insulation from being cut into by the tie wrap. The Tygon Tubing is the same as aquarium airline tubing and can be purchased at your local hardware store. I think that was all he had told me. I hope I explained his tips clear enough, if not let me know and I see if I can clear it up. sand gnat

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave told me to purchase some silicone spray from a dive shop not the kind from your local hardware store because it has petroleum in it. Spray silicone on the coil cable every so often to keep it from drying out and cracking. Also to purchase a tube of silicone grease to lubricate the rubber seals with. Remove the rubber seal from the battery cable and work some silicone grease into the seal and then wipe it off with a paper towel. This will keep the seals soft and pliable. There is also a spare seal in your charger connection. Dave also mentioned routing the coil cable straight up the shaft and coil it below the handle. Remember to leave enough slack at the bottom of the shaft to allow the coil to move without putting a strain on the coil cable. He said to attach the coil cable to the shaft using tie wraps but to insert the tie wraps first into small pieces of Tygon Tubing before securing. This acts as a chafe guard to protect the coil cable insulation from being cut into by the tie wrap. The Tygon Tubing is the same as aquarium airline tubing and can be purchased at your local hardware store. I think that was all he had told me. I hope I explained his tips clear enough, if not let me know and I see if I can clear it up. sand gnat

Sand gnat Thanks for letting me in on the tips. They will help greatly. Nutsdad

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, this is awesome news. :headbang:
Any idea if they will do custom work like hardwiring aftermarket coils an such?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't believe they will do anything other then the stock replacement. But if you need I do aftermarket coils, remote Pinpoints, custom installs on the New Gray Ghost Amphibians, seals, pots replaced.....so on..All is pressure tested at 6 pounds...33 feet..Joe

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe they will do anything other then the stock replacement. But if you need I do aftermarket coils, remote Pinpoints, custom installs on the New Gray Ghost Amphibians, seals, pots replaced.....so on..All is pressure tested at 6 pounds...33 feet..Joe

How Long u been doin that sounds intresting im always looking myself for the things that not everyone has the custom coils sound cool

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
About four years now, I average about one to two repairs a week now.....the PP mode will be doing several this winter, have a list started for that.... I offer video's on doing it yourself........... if you check out my one channel...
https://www.youtube.com/user/oldbeechnut

on the coil change

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, this is awesome news. :headbang:

Awesome OBN. Thinking about treating myself to some upgrades. That pin point switch would be the cats A**

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya it does nice work man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread