Kellyco Is Now Authorized Minelab Repair Center

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy to say that I have found out Kellyco and Minelab have come to an agreement and Kellyco is now an offical Minelab Repair center complete with a pressure tank to pressure test Excals.. They are not set up with parts for the CTX 3030 or the GPX line yet, but can do repairs on all others.....

If your detector is still under warranty you will still need to contact Minelab in Chicago to see about the warranty repairs, if your no longer under warranty you have a choice of contacting Minelab in Chicago or contacting Kellyco in Orlando for the repairs.....

For those of us living in Florida and on the South East coast it should speed up repairs. When I was there they were working on a turn around of about 10 days or less.....

More info to follow as I get it.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can they work on the machine while you watch, or do you have to drop it off?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL you mail or drop it off, they are running on about 10 day turn around, that is long time to stand and wait.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, congrats to kellyco and best of luck to them!!
chuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the info, Treasure Hunter

Lorraine

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About time..... that should also reduce repair time from chi town. Chi Town had gotten it down to about 10 to 14 day....... im not certain with the weekend and mail time its going to get much better than that. Lets hope for great repair results since its right here in Fl. TH.... is that your buddy doing the repairs?

Dew

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Laugh all you want, I asked because of my past dealings with them i don't trust them any further than i can see them.

I know many have had good luck with them, but not all of us have. And we are all a product of our experience.

So, I'll pass on using them, but thx for posting.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laugh all you want, I asked because of my past dealings with them i don't trust them any further than i can see them.

I know many have had good luck with them, but not all of us have. And we are all a product of our experience.

So, I'll pass on using them, but thx for posting.

I laughed because I had already said the turn around was 10 days and you asked if you could wait and watch....Next time you take your car to dealership for repair ask if you can stand in shop and watch over the mechanics shoulder as he works....:D

Your choice for repair work, I personally know the people doing the repair work, I know the expertise and quality of the work they do and it is top notch.

If your equipment is out of warranty you have a 50/50% chance Minelab will ship the work to Kellyco if Chicago is busy and they will do the work anyway, as stated they are an authorized Minelab repair center...

I was given a tour of the repair facility and of Kellyco by the owner...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About time..... that should also reduce repair time from chi town. Chi Town had gotten it down to about 10 to 14 day....... im not certain with the weekend and mail time its going to get much better than that. Lets hope for great repair results since its right here in Fl. TH.... is that your buddy doing the repairs?

Dew

I met Dave (at KellyCo) Tuesday and I'm 100% certain he will provide quality repair service, very knowledgeable and skilled guy. :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Big Scoop, I'm sure Dave will give better service then the Main Office in ChiTown. Anytime I have had an question he has always been very good in helping...And I'm sure he will carry on his habits to His new position....

The Good for me is now Dave works for Minelabs....I maybe the only independent Excalibur repair person out there since Mel Parker has retired.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont give out your phone number Dave .... we ask to many questions lol.

Dew

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I laughed because I had already said the turn around was 10 days and you asked if you could wait and watch....Next time you take your car to dealership for repair ask if you can stand in shop and watch over the mechanics shoulder as he works....:D

Your choice for repair work, I personally know the people doing the repair work, I know the expertise and quality of the work they do and it is top notch.

If your equipment is out of warranty you have a 50/50% chance Minelab will ship the work to Kellyco if Chicago is busy and they will do the work anyway, as stated they are an authorized Minelab repair center...

I was given a tour of the repair facility and of Kellyco by the owner...

Maybe, if they had a better track record with the BBB and hadn't stiffed out of state customers on orders i'd have a higher level of trust. That combined with my own problems with them.

You are friends with these guys. Obviously, you are going to get a higher level of treatment.

As for watching the guys who work on my cars- yeah i could do that, but I don't have to. Them I trust.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, if they had a better track record with the BBB and hadn't stiffed out of state customers on orders i'd have a higher level of trust.

I trust you have records to Prove this NF ? & are not posting Hearsay ?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I trust you have records to Prove this NF ? & are not posting Hearsay ?

LOL yeah i'll mail you my receipts!!! Of course that wouldn't prove anything.

The BBB info is readily available to anyone who wants to look it up. As are some of the out of state customer horror stories.

Is the BBB hearsay?

I really don't have a problem with kellyco. That's because i won't deal with them again. jeff, you know as well as i do, that i'm not alone in that.

I think it fair to know, if moderators are going to come on and tell everyone to use them, that there may be people who don't feel comfortable doing that. You know, just keepin it real. So this forum is a resource not an advertisement.

Past that, my first question to TH was sincere in that as a part time FL hunter if something did go wrong with one of my Sovs or my Excal if i could drive up to KCO and wait and watch while they fixed it, i might go that route. But since that's not the case, I guess I'm left with the other option.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think KellyCo is making a great move with Dave. I think his presence will help in other areas as well. Now they actually have a knowledgeable and experienced engineer who is capable of working more closely with suppliers, etc. Given enough time I think his presence will have a positive effect for KellyCo.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Thanx TH for the info!!:icon_thumleft:

I too have had some less then desirable transactions but my last in store with my Excal was great and they stuck with me for 1.5 hours as me and my wife argued over which one. (she told me to get the CTX because she knows that in 6 months I will want to upgrade...LOL).

I am counting on my Excal to be like a Chevy and just keep running.

Again thanx for the info.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The BBB info is readily available to anyone who wants to look it up. As are some of the out of state customer horror stories.

Is the BBB hearsay?

I really don't have a problem with kellyco. That's because i won't deal with them again. jeff, you know as well as i do, that i'm not alone in that.

I think it fair to know, if moderators are going to come on and tell everyone to use them, that there may be people who don't feel comfortable doing that. You know, just keepin it real. So this forum is a resource not an advertisement.

Past that, my first question to TH was sincere in that as a part time FL hunter if something did go wrong with one of my Sovs or my Excal if i could drive up to KCO and wait and watch while they fixed it, i might go that route. But since that's not the case, I guess I'm left with the other option.

I pulled kellyco's Better Business Bureau report, it is A...... If your going to attack a sponsor's BBB rating, you better be able to back it up with facts or it is an attack....

[h=3]BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/1994[/h][h=1]Kellyco Metal Detectors Distributors[/h]Phone: (407) 699-8700Fax: (407) 695-6671View Additional Phone Numbers1085 Belle Ave, Winter Springs, FL 32708-2961 Send email to Kellyco Metal Detectors Distributorswww.kellycodetectors.comFacebookTwitter

cbbb-badge-horz.png

cbbb-accred-a.png

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for RatingBBB Ratings System Overview

Last edited:

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco Authorized Repair Center

Hi Native Floridian,

Seems you have had a poor experience with Kellyco sometime in the past. Is there anything I can help you with, clear up etc?
For those interested, here is the BBB link.
BBB Link

To answer your original question, we do accept walk-ins, and depending on the nature of the problem can sometimes fix the problem while you wait. Some detectors take longer, Excal's for example which have to go through resealing and pressure testing which takes longer than a day to complete, if we have to break open the logic module.
Turnaround time is running less then 4 days at the current time for 95% of repairs.

Sincerely

Is the BBB hearsay?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe Native is on a timeout and can not reply.

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KellyCo and Dave did a good job repairing my E-trac. I sent it in a month ago, and got it back within 7 days. They really did a good job, and I have no problem using them again in the future. KellyCo has always treated me well, and Dave did a great job answering my questions and fixing my punctured screen. Still under warranty, so free of charge!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread