Up against the wall, Fongu + 3 rings

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old swimming hole I have permission to detect, but the overgrowth was too bad where I was metal detecting and I found a hole full of beer cans and the water looked like it had some type of chemical in it and I went to the river. I ran into some rude people last Saturday hunting on land and decided to work against the retaining wall even tho it's loaded with trash. My first target was a dime and I scooped and still had the dime signal and scooped again and still had the dime signal and my poor brain couldn't figure out why the dime was moving around and after finally not getting the signal, I checked my scoop and there was 3 dimes. I found 2 quarters, 4 dimes and 10 pennies plus 7 cents from last week. One Jumbo token and 1-10K gold ring with possibly a birthstone, 1-92.5 sterling silver ring with a large stone I believe is cz and a smaller ring that had no markings and I think it also has the cubic zircona stones, but won't know until I get a tester.
Up against the wall, Fongu-June-21. 001 (Custom).jpg Up against the wall, Fongu-June-21. 002 (Custom).jpg Up against the wall, Fongu-June-21. 003 (Custom).jpg Up against the wall, Fongu-June-21. 004 (Custom).jpg Up against the wall, Fongu-June-21. 005 (Custom).jpg Up against the wall, Fongu-June-21. 007 (Custom).jpg
The sterling silver ring was made in china.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pro audio in the AT/Pro let me know with the little pip sound I call it that there was something up against the wall besides trash even tho I nearly threw the gold ring away I was so tired and my scoop so full of gravel and shells and metal trash. I didn't get any real definition or reading amongst all the trash, just the little pip and I'm going back in a week or two.

skip_a_loo

Apr 11, 2013
Newton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Up Graded to...GTP at Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice findings!.... When I MD against an old building I get a lot of static, plus a lot of alum. siding pieces that ring 99. I just hate alum. sidings :BangHead:.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds. Any day you get gold is a good day.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had a terrific hunt, fongu!

Nice goin' on those finds!

Lorraine

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be intimidated you shoed them

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a 5 X 8 coil and sniper coil and I hope that gets me in some places the 8.5 X 11 inch coil is too large for. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread