The Sum of all Fears

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For most shallow water hunters their greatest fear is prim evil: Such as being munched on by a shark, barbed by a sting ray/ cone, stung by a jelly fish such as the man of war, or the more dangerous box jellyfish. A more likely and greater danger is strong current(s) which may suck you away, a mistimed wave pounding you senseless, or stepping into a deep hole while wearing waders all of which may result in lost equipment or your untimely demise.

The late Norman Garnush, webmaster of the GoldenOlde, was clearly aware and concerned about a far more dangerous predator: Man (he, she,?) - To be politically correct.
Even though he would fearlessly metal detect chest deep in the shark infested Gulf of Mexico on full and no Moon nights when the tides were low, His concern was about being robbed/assaulted at the parking lot or on the Beach. He owned a motor home rather than a house as he was aware that the front door of his castle would be padlocked and seized (sigh), if he became ill or required care.
I don’t know about you but I neither consider Medicare a benefit nor a right. I would like to know why senior citizens who carry full health coverage are denied the health benefits they pay for because they are eligible for Medicare?
Medicare surely did not benefit me, nor did it benefit the hospital which saved my life when my foot became infected. However, it definitely benefitted the insurance carriers as they again got out of paying less than they should.
For me the sum of all fears from nature other than sickness is small less than one percent. Compare to the ninety nine percent plus danger imposed by fellow man.

I truly believe that the greatest danger is confiscation by an overzealous care taker, park ranger, police officer, archeologist, you name it. From experience I know that equipment once seized will likely never be returned, and that the legal cost and effort to get the equipment back far exceed its purchase cost.

I have no fear of being arrested; in fact I prefer it as it guarantees my rights since I will have to be provided with legal representation and my medical care would not be denied. Further, the news media can be contacted the case and published as widely as possible as a form of passive resistance. Of course this assumes that I am within my rights and have not done anything illegal or obviously stupid as those taking away our rights which were slowly being taken away prior to 911 and has accelerated exponentially since then under the justification that it is necessary for us to sacrifice our way of live and freedom so that we can be better protected.
As my office equipment was improperly seized while I was out grocery shopping and has yet to be returned, I simply do not understand how anyone can enjoy metal detecting if they fear confrontation and standing up for their rights.
I took up shallow water treasure hunting to regain my health which was needlessly destroyed as a result of the lack of compassion and cooperation by the State of Hawaii.

Details previously posted in which has been moved from my earlier post on my first three ring day as it is more appropriate in this thread:
{Sorry, I am not able to post pictures, earlier my home office was broken into and office equipment stolen. Found out later from a next door neighbor that it was the police. They left no warrant nor inventory of items taken and to this date have refused to provide copies of the warrant, inventory of items taken and have not returned the equipment even thought the person arrested was convicted long ago. They needlessly destroyed my business by taking my computer, archived software and printer. I repeat they broke into my office on the possibility that the person they were after might have broken into my office, I repeat might of broken into my office to commit a computer crime.

This destroyed my business as I had developed the software over the years to provide the edge I needed to earn supplemental income as well as sensitive rental and client information. All I asked was for a copy of the software so that I could remain in business, which was refused, stating they did not have that capability.

It also almost cost me my life and ruined my health, as my foot was cut while cleaning up the mess and became infected.

This is the Thank You I got for serving having spent my entire life in service to country, with honorary discharges from the US Navy enlisted, USAF Reserve Major, and General Manager 13 (GM13) with sustained superior service achievement award.

Oh by the way, I would not of required supplemental income if I received the retirement which I was entitled to, but received less as a result of deliberate misinformation and lies on survivor benefits. So you might say that the abuse of power by the state of Hawaii was the final nail in the coffin.

As a result of the above actions I have lost most of what I have worked my entire life for and my children have lost their heritage, and individuals who depended upon me for shelter lost their place to stay through no fault of their own.
I am writing this as warning to all what happened to me, can happen to you. “Rights you have no Stinken Rights" (Humphrey Bogart in High Sierra).}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread