Beware on New Jersey Beaches

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Folks just want to warn anyone coming to Jersey to detect or just vacation. You need to be very careful in the water no matter what part of the State you are in. Everyone saw the destruction in the north and New York. Down south even though houses weren't destroyed like the North. Many had flood waters wash out their first floors and garages. Now some of the junk is in the Ocean.
I was in Margate today which is south of Atlantic City. They have installed signs about 50 yards apart the entire length of the beach "Beware of Hidden objects in the water". I was talking to one of the regulars and she told me they pulled a bed frame out the other day during low tide. Then I see in Bayville which is in the north a WWII fully functional mine washed up on the beach. SO EVERYONE BE CAREFUL THIS SEASON!!!!!

Upvote 0

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up. Heading there in a couple weeks for vacation. It would be my luck to find something that goes BOOM.

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's only a matter of time before someone detects the first grenade. I have picked up lots of brass casing with S L 42 on them. Saint Louis 1942! And they have pumped and dumped so much sand on the beach. Any type of storm in the future is going to be great MDing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions