Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in 4 hour wet sand hunt on the East coast. Found an area that had coins and jewelry but no gold or silver. The ring got me for a second, until I saw the plating coming off. No heavy targets and some of the quarters were deep. Hitting the West coast tomorrow for a water hunt. IMG_0382.JPG IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0385.JPG

Upvote 0

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ha, love the car.... found four this morning..... donated to my son of course!!! Nice finds!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun hunt to me - Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations
thumbsup.gif
Good luck next spin
fall-leaves.gif

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds maybe gold tomorrow good luck

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting hunt, lookindown; some of the item in the upper right hand photo look to be silver ?

That skull jewelryis unique! Love those sparkling eyes!:laughing7:

Lorraine

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting hunt, lookindown; some of the item in the upper right hand photo look to be silver ?

That skull jewelryis unique! Love those sparkling eyes!:laughing7:

Lorraine
No silver.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty typical looking finds for over here minus the trash. got a gold colored ring myself last night that revealed itself as .925 after I got home.:BangHead: westcoast has to be better!!!!!
chuck.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty typical looking finds for over here minus the trash. got a gold colored ring myself last night that revealed itself as .925 after I got home.:BangHead: westcoast has to be better!!!!!
chuck.
There wasn't much trash, I had about 6 bottlecaps and 2 square tabs.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
No gold or silver but you got trinkets and bling..... kept you going......next time!

Cliff

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stood in what was left of a trough today without moving (now little more then a runnel) and in very little time I was nearly to my shins in soft sand, and this was without much current at all. I scoped out three miles of beach today in search of one or two possibilities, would walk into hopeful areas with the big Stealth and take a few deep scoops.....nothing but heaps of clean fluffy sand....no shells, clay balls, black sand deposits, etc.,....just soft/fluffy clean sand everywhere I checked. Pretty much the same thing with the wet sand all the way to the upper beach. Sunglasses, pull tabs, etc., these items are lite-weight with pretty flat surface areas and they are still getting fairly deep in a hurry. With the throngs of people on the beach the heavier good stuff is certainly there but getting at it before it sinks out of range nearly requires that you grab it before it hits the floor unless you can locate some firmer bottom, and good luck with that. Say hello to another sandy summer on the central east coast.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I was it was all soft. People were standing and watching their feet sink out of sight. The place where I found the target concentration had orange sand with black sand peppered through it...it was different than the rest of the beach...everything I found was a fresh drop.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my butt kicked out there the drift was like trying to swing in a rip current. Went back at low tide and not a lot of change..... except the swells were coming in 2 at a time. You just couldnt keep a coil on the bottom and you best not look down. Hopefully it will be better for you tomorrow.

Dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I was it was all soft. People were standing and watching their feet sink out of sight. The place where I found the target concentration had orange sand with black sand peppered through it...it was different than the rest of the beach...everything I found was a fresh drop.

And I do believe that is the key right now....gotta find those bottoms that might actually support some of those heavier goodies....but it's quite the tall order right now. I took a look at the monthly tide chart and saw an extended period of + 5/6's later this month and that should create some good currents that will open up some rips, holes, etc., on the lower beach but like Dew said....."It makes for some really tough water hunting." On the other hand these areas will start to fill right back in just as soon as the low cycle starts to return. Just no easy solution to the situation. :BangHead:

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
I wish conditions would have been better for you lookindown. At least you still got to go hunt, which is always good in my book.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better than I did today. Probably you will hit gold and silver on your next outing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions