You Tease!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
So I got to the beach today (small freshwater I go to every day to pick up a few cents.)
With my new (but used) Fisher F4!:D
I'm alone there, and the batteries are dying each signal.., a guy walks over pulling a kayak and says
"A guy was talking to the lifeguards about losing his wedding band in the sand over there! I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction but he sounded serious"
I look over and see they tried to used a beach take to find it. My batteries died completely once I got over there. I'm sittin here watching the beach now with fresh batteries.. I will find. -.-
Happy hunting :-)

Upvote 0

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
If it weren't for bad luck just wouldn't have any. Oh well tomorrow. Good luck. WH

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
tape a couple spare batteries to the back side of the controls so you always have them with you. Then all you have to do is remember to put new ones there when you do use them.... works great with my Gold Bug Pro...and has saved the day twice already.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tape a couple spare batteries to the back side of the controls so you always have them with you. Then all you have to do is remember to put new ones there when you do use them.... works great with my Gold Bug Pro...and has saved the day twice already.

Excellent idea! Usually not far from car where I keep an array of batteries. But, if u were leaving and going some distance this is great info.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For carrying extra batteriestry the water proof cases that you can either put around your neck or in your pocket. Batteries will stay dry and protected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread