DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be good every where in OC. Lots of tourist. Crowded beaches from OC Inlet to Rehobeth. Very hot lately , would go all night if you can lots of fun.

PS I would also bring that Etrac.

Yea I know...I'm thinkin about it, but I can only bring one. I just think the spectrum would hit a little harder on deeper gold. Especially when the beach sweepers come through and get all the surface stuff

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be there from the 15th/16/17/18th..keep an eye open for the yellow scoop, in the wet. MB is right, etrac. The etrac you can venture into the wet some, 95% of the Gold is there. And like MB said, any place in OC after July4th will give up the treasure. Think I'm around 9 th street this trip. Wellington. Good Luck...Be Safe...

Diggin Dave

May 20, 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (Waterproofed)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As MSbeachrat stated the beaches stay crowded from one end to the other in summer. Any place you swing is good. I've been using my Sovereign lately, surf's been to rough this week to be in the water with my Sea Hunter. Good luck on your hunt Bobby!

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the etrac a few weeks ago and I'm cautious of bein that close to the water, but it does seem like the smart thing to do

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
DigginDave how has the targets been.......? What area have you been hunting.....going to be a bizzy month for all, ruff water ....Arrrrgg.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I know an old timer that hunts up into the wetsand with his DFX and does well, but he does cover the control box with plastic....

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of sticking right up to where the waterline ends and dry begins. I'm not really one for wet sand anyways. I really don't want to risk dropping the etrac

Diggin Dave

May 20, 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey OBN,

Last week I hunted from 70th st up to 85th, and father up on the North end. I picked up nearly 6 dollars in change, 1 silver hoop earring, 1 trash earring, and a trash toe ring. I did find a young girls lost cell phone for her. Didn't hit any gold. I have my Sovereign covered so I do hit the ankle deep water to the high tide mark along with the dry sand. Good luck on your hunt.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OBN,

Last week I hunted from 70th st up to 85th, and father up on the North end. I picked up nearly 6 dollars in change, 1 silver hoop earring, 1 trash earring, and a trash toe ring. I did find a young girls lost cell phone for her. Didn't hit any gold. I have my Sovereign covered so I do hit the ankle deep water to the high tide mark along with the dry sand. Good luck on your hunt.

I'm going to be staying on one of those streets when I'm down there the 16th to the 20th...maybe i will see you if you go back to that area

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dave, I will have the yellow scoop, Excalibur's...wetsand to waist deep, I start at the inlet and work north...I was down last month for a day testing a few machines I had fixed and had a friend ride along with me....I'm out playing he is out hunting. He nailed a nice 22k ring..

. pic238758[1].jpg

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I will finally be free on those days also. Have a full house now cooking and driving to beach with umbrellas and chairs. I would like to catch up with you guys. Low tide times look great
16 8:17 9:02

17 9:11 10:04

18 10:08 11:08

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be on 84th street and hunt around there...i usually go out at 6:30 or so and stay til about 9 or 10..and then i go out in the afternoon if i get time

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda wish i had a dedicated water machine, but oh well

Diggin Dave

May 20, 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'll be out most likely in the late afternoon. My wife will be out of town next week so I'll be on the beach with my kids. I'll just be hitting the 119-120st beach. They get bored pretty quick so my hunts won't be more than an hour.

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I'll be out most likely in the late afternoon. My wife will be out of town next week so I'll be on the beach with my kids. I'll just be hitting the 119-120st beach. They get bored pretty quick so my hunts won't be more than an hour.

Go see Dale at The Tresure Muesum in Fenwick and get fake gold coins. Pretend to find one every now and then. keeps the kids interested.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be 9th street and down.....

I was down last week for a few days. Water still to cold for adults, only the young and kids were near the water. Plus the life guard told me head count on the beach was down during the weekdays from last year.... All I dug was coins, bling, and a SS ring. I did score some great
pictures of the past which I love....thanks to OC Cop...
. OBN0137.jpg OBN0138.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread