Sunday Hunt..Knowledge is power.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok first credit to all that have been helping me learn this hobby. Second it is not a huge find but more of what I learned today.

Found some low spots in an area that I have not hunted in a couple months. Started low and then high and BAM!! Found grey matter! Why is this important you ask...well as pointed out to me I have a bunch of light targets in my collection <thanks sir you know who you are>.

Hit the weight and started the death spiral around it. Found 4 more quarters, a nickel and someones smoking device <hmmmmm>. I also found the pull tab <old style>.

Sure not gold but very fun to put 2 and 2 together. Again thanks all.

IMG_1276.JPG

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a fine hunt Buzz, Your learning fast........:icon_thumright:

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really good technique. I like hunting those scalloped spots in the wet sand. Every time I go I learn something.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesomer! :icon_thumleft: Isn't it a great feeling when things start to come together like that.

FloridaGoldDigger

Oct 8, 2012
West Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Excalibur II, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Great post...may i echo off?...I'm learning myself and am very addicted the this hobby. I read "gold beneath the waves" and started looking for the signs of where the gold is. Today I found a spot that was low, had a lot of shell, and took one scoop to find targets and smelled like $hit. I found pull tab after pull tab with quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies. Unfortunately the tide was coming back in and it was getting dark. I was the for about a hour. I wish i could have spent more time like my normal 4-6 hour days.....question is was I in the right spot?

Thanks for all your help!

OP
OP
Buzzlitebeer

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Great post...may i echo off?...I'm learning myself and am very addicted the this hobby. I read "gold beneath the waves" and started looking for the signs of where the gold is. Today I found a spot that was low, had a lot of shell, and took one scoop to find targets and smelled like $hit. I found pull tab after pull tab with quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies. Unfortunately the tide was coming back in and it was getting dark. I was the for about a hour. I wish i could have spent more time like my normal 4-6 hour days.....question is was I in the right spot?

Thanks for all your help!

I wish I knew FGD. For months I thought any target was good. On my coast I find the targets to be many times either in the scallops or along the last high tide drop zone. If you look at some of my earlier posts my penny numbers are great. Theoretically those are lighter and not where you find the heavier items that sink quicker or that they have sank so far they are beyond your detectors reach.

IMG_1231.JPG

Case and point a long days hunt and When you see the mixture of targets I can tell you most of the heavier stuff was all found a couple of feet off (high side) of a runnel.

hope this helps some remember I have a disclaimer.......I am not a Jedi even yet, but I did stay at a holiday in express.....once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread