Hooka air pressure gauge help please!!!! AKA SPG

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently getting scuba certified finally...But Hooka diving for 1.5 years... I use a Whites P.I. when diving....
BUT.... I would like to install my own submersible pressure gauge (SPG's) for monitoring 0-100 psi since Hooka pressure at the regulator is apx 60 psi. All SPG's on dive gear reads 0-3000psi. Any links so I may buy a waterproof gauge OR suggestions for a better word jerry rig one.

I have also bought a reserve air tank for my unit too from Keene Engineering (great people too via called them) thx to previous posts Hooka posts here. Plus a Spare Air pony tank good for 57 breaths apx for 165.00....Along with Buoyancy Compensating Device, BCD/ Oceanic brand apx 189.00....

NOW....
I have looked on E-bay and Googled the snot out of every word combination along with numerous scuba sites...So please any suggestions for a low air pressure gauge able to stand up too 30 feet in water....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:??????

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used Brownie's and Keene Hookah and never needed a gauge with the smaller Honda motors as they have a relief valve. The use of a air on demand regulator is needed. The use of the reserve air tank cools the air too for delivery as you will get thirsty with dry air. Your use of a spare air or 13 cu. pony tank is smart too along with the use of a BC for helping control depth. You should ask Keene for advice on the gauge if you need it. Good luck and have fun. Wish I was with you.

OP
OP
nov2101

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sand man, your tracking to what Im up to:hello2: I am on my way to hardware to pick up 1/8 female to splice into my 1/4 "T" brass fitting to feed (Buoyancy Compensating Device), BCD... Now the question is still on the table, where can I find submersible dive gauge to read the lower pressure of Hooka system?:dontknow:

Anyone??? thx for looking too!

OP
OP
nov2101

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, now a stupid question, when a gauge reads in "bar" vs "PSI" is that one in the same? For example 30 bars =30 psi???

OP
OP
nov2101

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from WIDIPEKA .....It is useful to remember that 1 bar = 14.5 psi. You will also come across psig, which just means pressure above atmospheric, it stands for psi gauge, as a gauge normally reads zero at atmospheric pressure. If you see psia, this means psi absolute, the pressure above vacuum, where atmospheric pressure = 14.5 psia.

THANK YOU GOGGLE!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like your water proof pressure gauge would be a waste of time and money. Since your airline only holds 60 PSI I would imagine any pressure failure on your line is not going to give you any extended time to get up to the surface. You would notice it on your second breath on your failed compressor and I would think by the 3rd breath you will be out of air at this point you would look at your gauge and it would read zero .. LOL

OP
OP
nov2101

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably right, I am using a pony tank to CYA...Still looking though...for any suggestions for leads from the wise folks here...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, now a stupid question, when a gauge reads in "bar" vs "PSI" is that one in the same? For example 30 bars =30 psi???

Go slap your scuba instructor for failing to make sure you knew the material.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like your water proof pressure gauge would be a waste of time and money. Since your airline only holds 60 PSI I would imagine any pressure failure on your line is not going to give you any extended time to get up to the surface. You would notice it on your second breath on your failed compressor and I would think by the 3rd breath you will be out of air at this point you would look at your gauge and it would read zero .. LOL

+1. A gauge on a hookah unit is a waste of money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread