Gold in the water with AT Pros

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a swimming hole on Sunday that brought home a few keepers!

I picked up an 18k hoop earring and another 14k earring with some stones. Also 3 junk rings-- fun to find even if not gold or silver

My buddy picked up a 10k ring and a silver ring.

We were at another spot down the road from here the day before and ended up with 2 junk rings and 8 junk earrings between us. Lots of targets- just not many good ones

Spent a few minutes at a cellar hole nearby before being run off by mosquitoes and yellow flies after just 10 min. I managed to pull out a small cufflink

I don't know how the weather has been where everyone else is-- but this last month has been nothing but rain with one good (but extremely humid) weekend. Not good weather for people to visit beaches.

Attachments

• 070713b - Copy.jpg
    070713b - Copy.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 070713 - Copy.jpg
    070713 - Copy.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a nice suggestion. Go back to that whole. Creep area. Slow. Grid it in different direction then you hunted already. Lower disc on your machine. Anything not obviously iron...dig. Something tells me theres more. hh an gl -Joe

Hit a swimming hole on Sunday that brought home a few keepers!

I picked up an 18k hoop earring and another 14k earring with some stones. Also 3 junk rings-- fun to find even if not gold or silver

My buddy picked up a 10k ring and a silver ring.

We were at another spot down the road from here the day before and ended up with 2 junk rings and 8 junk earrings between us. Lots of targets- just not many good ones

Spent a few minutes at a cellar hole nearby before being run off by mosquitoes and yellow flies after just 10 min. I managed to pull out a small cufflink

I don't know how the weather has been where everyone else is-- but this last month has been nothing but rain with one good (but extremely humid) weekend. Not good weather for people to visit beaches.

OP
OP
JustinNH

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nice suggestion. Go back to that whole. Creep area. Slow. Grid it in different direction then you hunted already. Lower disc on your machine. Anything not obviously iron...dig. Something tells me theres more. hh an gl -Joe

I don't discriminate when water hunting (or dry sand hunting)-- that's why I usually end up with lots of junk earrings that are reallly low in the foil range/ boarder line iron. More than worth it for the little gold earrings and chains/bracelets!

I will certainly be going back there to hit it from another angle though :)

OP
OP
JustinNH

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all!

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice! Gotta love the A/T Pro!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day you had congrads !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread