F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well I didn't do much detecting today but I spent a whole bunch of time running for cover from the thunder and lightning.???

I did see someone on the JAXBEACH CAM when I got home swinging like a champ in the rain....much tougher than me.

Low tide is early tmrw and I think I am gonna try to hit it in the morning....

Hit it early while you can as tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat of today's storms. Stay safe.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey besides being sanded in up here in Jersey. We now have a steady south wind causing the water temp to drop into the 50's. It hasn't been fun so far this season.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the beach about 5:30pm, got lucky as the sky cleared off and it remained nice. I left around about 8pm as the tide really wasn't leaving a lot of beach to hunt by then. A handful coins, a couple of toy cars, a couple of crusted up :dontknow:'s, and one plated fooler. I may hit it in the morning...or...I may just stay in bed and take in another dream hunt. :laughing7: Not really all that inspiring out there right now.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and walked at least a mile ( not for a Camel) Tide was fairly high and targets few.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe see you Buzzlitebeer. Lol I chuckle every time I say your online name!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad weather makes the other hunts more fun with higher expectations. When the warmer weather comes the beach bunnies will flock to the water. Wear your mirrored sunglasses so you won't get a black eye.:icon_thumright:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad weather makes the other hunts more fun with higher expectations. When the warmer weather comes the beach bunnies will flock to the water. Wear your mirrored sunglasses so you won't get a black eye.:icon_thumright:

Flocking, Flocking, Flocking by the dozens. I need to move here.

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best reguards to you, keep on hunting. Jon in Nashville
PS In about 3 days I will be combing the sands on the Gulf Coast also.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a "short spin" this evening with the 12 x 15, but stormy heavens forced me home after about an hour. I knew I wasn't going to have long so I searched the sand just above the waterline. I was using the Stealth Classic this evening and I gotta tell you, even the cheap sunglasses were 5 - 6 scoops down in the soup and offering pretty quite/small initial responses. Got three pair of them this evening. Played out in the water for just a bit, a few pieces of deep slaw and a couple of pull tabs. Also got two fishing weights but they were pretty recent losses....and there you go.....right now with all this sand, if it's heavy/dense it has to be gotten to quickly unless you can find some type of firmer bottom to hunt over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread