Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also happened to my hunting partner, Ken. Some how he got it together again. He likes his machine but has had several problems with it. I am waiting till improvements are made.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am waiting for the bugs to be taken out. I bought the AT PRO to early cause I wanted to learn it and now I am on the third one which behaves.

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I think all the bugs are out. Do you guys mean waiting for it to go 200' under or do you mean waiting for it to take the waves in the surf. It goes 10' under in calm waters, thats it. It just ain't going to happen soon.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all the bugs are out. Do you guys mean waiting for it to go 200' under or do you mean waiting for it to take the waves in the surf. It goes 10' under in calm waters, thats it. It just ain't going to happen soon.

For me it's just the whole sand, salt, surf, current, submersible aspect.....as you say, it's just not made/tweaked to handle all of it....yet.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill take a careful look at them when people start showing more finds than Les with that little 8" coil he has on his Xcal.

Dew

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
MBbeachrat - I guess!
killingme.gif

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
All my life i was never first. I talked to a Minelab technician today and just found out I am the first guy to have his armrest on a CTX taken off by a wave. Finally I am the first! Great technician and answered all my question and concerns.

Could be your the first because of the area you hunt and your crazy enough to get out in it...

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Could be your the first because of the area you hunt and your crazy enough to get out in it...

Probably your correct. Most of the photos I see of hunters in the water with the CTX are always in clam water and the hunters have smiles on their face. I wish someone had a photo of my face when I watched my CTX ride a wave in. Only going out as long as waves are below my knees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread