Where would you go for a treasure hunt beach vacation?

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seven months of working overtime I'm finally getting a vacation. I want to detect somewhere where the yellow is plentiful on the beach and or in the water. I can go anywhere. I'm not going to Florida because I'd rather not have a ton of other guys and gals beating me to the good stuff. Any suggestions for a low key low competition place? Bahamas? Italian beaches? Spain? Hawaii? Cabo San Lucas?

Thanks in advance and happy hunting.

Upvote 0

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Riviera Maya, have a great vacation and good hunting!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree with Fred...Morocco!

Second choice: India

Lo

OP
OP
M

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Riveria maya does look nice. I'm guessing I wont be shot be the Mexican drug cartel?

As far as morocco goes. Man judging by Hamids stash I don't know how much is left down there. Although if he would be up for a hunting buddy that would be fun for a couple days. Speaking of Hamid I haven't seen him post lately. Hope he is doing well.

And big scoop you are welcome to come along if you can get out of the states for a week or so.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
South Korea, Seoul
ask crack badger or birdman

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Riveria maya does look nice. I'm guessing I wont be shot be the Mexican drug cartel?

As far as morocco goes. Man judging by Hamids stash I don't know how much is left down there. Although if he would be up for a hunting buddy that would be fun for a couple days. Speaking of Hamid I haven't seen him post lately. Hope he is doing well.

And big scoop you are welcome to come along if you can get out of the states for a week or so.

Wish I could but my feet are nailed down here for a while longer. Maybe in the near future. Good luck wherever your adventure takes you!:thumbsup:

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
My vote is South Korea also. As a matter of fact, I will be going there for a one week beach detecting trip in late October!

OP
OP
M

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the input guys. It looks like I am going to be headed to Spain for my trip. I'm trying to hook up with ADAPT which is a local detecting club there and get further info. I'll be heading out the second week in August if all goes well. Happy hunting.

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Spain should be a great trip. Please let us know how you do.

abeach01

May 9, 2010
USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
I did hear there were laws against daytime hunting in parts of Spain. Be sure to check local laws first if going that far for a hunting trip. Jim

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Palma Spain is wonderful!! Never hunted back then when I was there but tons of people in the water. Just check out there detecting laws before you buy your ticket.

OP
OP
M

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to let you guys know my plans changed a bit because of work but I will be heading to New Jersey for a week to see my sister and hit the beaches at the end of August and then in mid October I will be going to Morocco for a week. I got ahold of Hamid and we will be hanging out and hitting the beaches.

Thanks again for the great input.

chrisinspain

Greenie
Aug 24, 2013
mar menor
Detector(s) used
Thats what I'm here to answer??
Primary Interest:
I am in Spain, it's where we live, the only problem is we don't have a detector. I am looking to buy one thugh and have posted on another esction asking for advice about which will be the best detector to buy.
ADAPT, is the only club I know in Spain so I have a mailed the guy who runs it to hopefuly point me in the right direction when it comes to buying a good beach ad water detector for the beaches here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread