All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ray, I was just sitting here thinking of how silent those from our area have been.... knowing the conditions, odds are they aren't holding out any finds.... it is just the current (no pun intended) conditions!

I do think we will find changes in the water when it does calm down. Last Sunday, at one beach, I found outer sandbars that had moved closer to shore in some spots by at least 50 yards. One other beaches sandbar had enlarged by a good 20 feet.... hopefully that means some stuff is uncovered... guess we just wait and see.

Cliff

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure waits for no man. Goodies are delivered to he who braves the forces of nature. :D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of Florida is pretty silent right now, just a lot of sand built up everywhere. I guess there's three trains of thought; the first being to hunt at every opportunity and hope to get lucky. The second train of thought is to hunt less and spend more time looking for better places to hunt. And the last train of thought is to stay in the air conditioning and just wait for things to change a bit. Personally....this summer.....I like #3. :laughing7:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It not going to be a couple of days before you can get in the safely. dont do a lot of good getting hit in the shins by you scoop or attempting to move the coil against all that current. Lot of sand pushed in then smoothed out like peanut butter. There may be something out there deeper...... but for awhile i suspect targets are going to be deeper thats worth anything. Nice hot days next few days thou so people have to cool off and dont care about jumping in. roller coaster low tides during the day at least will start it cutting if the swells are down and the wind shifts back to the E.

Dew

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
We're taking a beating out here on the West Coast of Florida. 15-20 knot winds everyday. Wet and dry sand will only give up so much! So will the small beaches on the east side of the waters!! Ray

Ray,

I also live on the West Coast of Florida, and it was pretty windy last night when I went out. Not many people at the beach - but I still found quite a few things Including the earrings shown below. I was surprised to find both - eight inches down, and a few feet apart.

Just wish they were real diamonds. Still quite a thrill when you see sparklies in the sand.

Bill earrings1.jpg

OP
OP
CSMPEREZ

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find Bill. Sure look good.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well I'm resorting to dry sand hunting till the water calms down but we all have the mumbles...gold is scarce these days!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been waiting on the coming monthly high tide cycle.....that extra volume of water/force being concentrated on the lower beach should move a few things around down there and if we can get some wind behind it then all the better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread