Has anyone tried?

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to worry william, just spent 2 weeks in spain and the same story.in 2 hours search i found 2 bobby pins and had fishing line wrapped round my ankles. usually way better than that! back over in 4 weeks, so hoping some sand has shifted. keep trying- conditions will eventually get better. H.H steve

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what your settings were, but single frequency detectors normally have a hard time being stable near saltwater wet sand. You can't disc out pull tabs either or you won't find any gold rings. White gold is usually in foil range too.

FloridaGoldDigger

Oct 8, 2012
West Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Excalibur II, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What do you mean you didnt find anything? I hunt Fort Myers beach from time to time. It has tons and tons of pull tabs in the surf, wet sand, and towel area. You should have at least found several of them.

Did you false a lot?

Did you ground balance the machine. You have to ground balance each time you change from dry to wet sand and when your in the surf.

Check your settings....

OP
OP
WilliamH

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Hey sorry it has taken me a while to get back. Well, I didn't think I needed to ground balance the detector because it had the beach button. Which is what I thought it did. However in the wet sand and very shallow surf I got tons of false indications. And in the wet sand I went over a bottle cap and nothing happened. So I'm at a loss. It was my first time and I don't leave at the beach or even near it so I can't really trouble shoot. I had sensitivity turned up to start with and then after an almost constant beep I backed off to 3/4, then half when that didn't help. At half I got nothing. So after that I went to dry sand and everything was back to working properly.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach setting..... it may have a lot of disc, but like Sandman said it wont work well in the water or wet sand at all. There is can slaw and pull tabs by the handful there.
Dew

OP
OP
WilliamH

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Yeah I appreciate the the info. I will have to ask my dealer about it. Thanks all and HH. Wh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread