AT Pro does not like the water.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Ok not getting any support on tech talk so I'll try here. Was at the beach yesterday and went in the water with my AT Pro, was working fine for the first hr and then she started chirping and beeping in iron audio like crazy. Raised the coil tried moving, got out of the water, when I got to shore same thing every slight movement...ding bing bleep bleep like crazy. Tried changing frequencies, ground balancing would not work and when i tried it showed a really low number and then I high pitched tone while I was ground balancing. Tried factory reset and still same thing. But after she sits for 10-20 min she's back to normal. Has done this 3 times now. This time just the coil was submerged. Do I have a leak in the coil or the coil wire?? Just bought it last Dec.

Upvote 0

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine did the same thing too. I was also in the water (fresh water) about an hour when I experienced the same symptoms you did. I also tried most of the remedies you tried. Except I switched coils and it worked fine again. So I can say without a doubt it is the coil. Call Garrett Customer Service. They won't disappoint you.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt now after hearing all these stories that its my coil. I will be contacting my dealer for a new coil. Still under warranty so I shouldn't have any probs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions