XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technology is going the route of smaller and lighter ... this is a BAD sign that Minelab is going the other way.

AND No .. I don't have any MInelab products .... just for that reason!

If you actually used minelabs, you wouldn't think that. There is a reason they have the best gold hunter, best beach hunter AND the best land hunting detectors on the market. Technology eats power, batteries are heavy.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a harness for years, works for me. Why not be comfortable, with harness I can hunt from dawn to dark thirty and have no issues.

I currently use a 2 litter camelbac and detector harness connects to it. I have nice cold water all day long and it supports weight of detector too...:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a harness for years, works for me. Why not be comfortable, with harness I can hunt from dawn to dark thirty and have no issues.

I currently use a 2 litter camelbac and detector harness connects to it. I have nice cold water all day long and it supports weight of detector too...:thumbup:

I bet it didn't cost you $150 bucks either! :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it didn't cost you $150 bucks either! :thumbsup:

No sir, $20 from Kellyco originally, then when I bought my camelpac I adapted it to the PAC....

Also on the camelpac, it is 2 litter, I put 1 liter of water in it and put in freezer, when I go hunting I add 1 liter of water, I have cold then cool water that lasts all day...

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how well it would hold up to saltwater use? Looks like a great product. Too bad about the price though....

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I wonder how well it would hold up to saltwater use? Looks like a great product. Too bad about the price though....
If your swinging the CTX you don't want to be in the salt water. I imagine if you wash it off and let it dry in the shade it should be fine. Almost anything I used in salt water last as long as it gets washed off with fresh water after use and dried properly.

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Excalibur , CTX 3030 and GPX 4800 he is using in the video might be a great machines but if its broke its just a paper weight. My understanding is that Minelab has some great electronics engineers but their mechanical engineers need help either that or they are just being cheap. I think their prices are outrageous. But what the hell if you can justify spending $1500 to $5000 on a detector thats constantly breaking down (From what ive been reading) whats another $130 thats just chump change.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your swinging the CTX you don't want to be in the salt water. I imagine if you wash it off and let it dry in the shade it should be fine. Almost anything I used in salt water last as long as it gets washed off with fresh water after use and dried properly.
No CTX. Excalibur and E-Trac.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excalibur , CTX 3030 and GPX 4800 he is using in the video might be a great machines but if its broke its just a paper weight. My understanding is that Minelab has some great electronics engineers but their mechanical engineers need help either that or they are just being cheap. I think their prices are outrageous. But what the hell if you can justify spending $1500 to $5000 on a detector thats constantly breaking down (From what ive been reading) whats another $130 thats just chump change.

I have used the excals for years with very few trips to repair. I currently own 2, i would buy another one in a heartbeat if found one for good price or I decided I needed one.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread