Instant Karma

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went down to VA Beach last night for the midnight low tide. Took my friends Barry & Nelson along in search of gold. About an hour into the hunt I was approached at the water line by a guy and a girl. Both in their mid 20's. The guy said his friend was playing football and caught a pass, but when he caught it, his gold wedding band popped off. They asked if I might be able to help them find it. Told them I'd give it a shot. So they walked me to the spot of the lost ring where three guys were searching the sand with their cell phone lights. I dropped my scoop and dragged it behind me so I knew where I was gridding. Made one pass about 30 feet long, turned around and on about the third swing I had his heavy yellow gold band in the scoop. They were all super excited, and very appreciative. Always makes me feel good helping someone out like that. :happysmiley:

After we talked for a minute I went back down to the water, and the VERY next target I dug was a nice 10k gold ring! INSTANT KARMA!!! I couldn't believe it! Up until then, the only thing I had dug was about 7 pennies. Someone else was happy I helped out I guess, and I was rewarded!

Also found a titanium men's band, but didn't take a photo of it. All in all, I totaled 63 cents, a bunch of junk earrings, the titanium band and the GOLD!

Happy hunting everyone!

-Nate

Attachments

• 08-02-13_Gold_ring.jpg
    08-02-13_Gold_ring.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good job on finding their ring! Thats a good looking ring you found for your self!

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. You can call it a two gold ring night. Great job.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Karma happens more often than people think.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way it should work...return one, find one...congrats on the return and the 10k.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Believe in Karma ! Great Job !

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah believe it! I found a wedding ring for a couple at Myrtle Beach and on my first trip out when I returned to Cincinnati I found a men's gold wedding ring with 10 diamonds! It was only the second ring I have ever found. I'm a believer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread