Status
Not open for further replies.

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished reading How To Read The Beach & Water by fellow T-net member Gary T. Drayton.
In my opinion, this book is excellent! The increase in knowledge,silver and gold finds I've made from applying what I read in two of his previous books made me get this latest book. In my opinion, it is hands down the best book on beach reading I've read. Well done Gary! You did a stellar job on this book!
I'm excited to see what kind of results I'll have in my future hunts from applying some of the principles I learned in this book. I have been beach and water hunting for the last 3-4 years, and I've had some good results, but I know there is a lot of room for improvement. I had some light bulb flashing moments while reading this book, that just really got me to look at what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong and how to get out of certain habits and be a smarter treasure hunter.

Upvote 0

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your finds could never upset me but what you wrote in that blog does...You admit to having altercations with people at the beach, so you must be doing something out there that most of us don't...we don't have people threating to shoot us. I made a vow to myself to leave you alone but what you wrote in that blog is wrong and I will say its wrong. I wont say anything negative about your finds. Telling people to throw stuff on the beach to cause a diversion is wrong and horrible advice. Instead of apologizing, you come on and try to justify it...your the only person Ive ever heard of that thinks what you are doing is OK.

Yes I do something out there on a regular basis that offends people just like you and your buddy leaving snide comments, I am finding a lot of gold jewelry!
That was what the one crazy guy was upset about, finding 6 gold rings and making the mistake of showing his buddy lol!
Thank you for making a vow to leave me alone, please do not read my blogs if they offend you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen i highly recommend the insults and snide remarks end now. If a mod steps in you will not like the results....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I want other hunters to stay away from me I seed the other end of the beach with gold and platinum jewelry. Don't work too well though. At the end of the day those other guys always end up finding more good stuff then I do. :BangHead: I must not be too sharp at the whole tactical thing. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gentlemen i highly recommend the insults and snide remarks end now. If a mod steps in you will not like the results....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I can say from experience that T_H means it.
I never heard of gary till this thread. It seemed to me like a ploy to hype a book and blog. Take it for what it is. As for dumping trash to throw off other mders, seems like a punk move, they have as much right to the area as you do. If you aren't a paying sponsor take the sales hype to a public spot.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just happened to see this thread and I have to agree with beachrat and lookingdown...i don't know Gary, never heard of him before or seen a post by him but if a person writes a book giving advice to the public then anything that person says is fair game if its liked or disliked. The act of seeding an area in a blatant attempt to deceive a fellow hunter is deplorable. To act like you found great items and to yell out as if finding a great piece to deceive is what we adults call "lying". I'm disgusted that someone would drop so low as to trick someone so they can get into a spot, you should be ashamed. For the gentleman who keeps defending this guy's actions and acting like the ppl who only quoted garys own comments are bad guys..are u serious? Your saying take advice from someone but overlook the deceitful nature of a person? Would you take advice from a deceiver? As o said I don't know Gary and wish no harm to anyone but to post on a public forum about how great something or someone is only to have that advice be about tricking fellow detectorists is wrong.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I just want to say thank you to the people that took a thread that I started about a book that was of help to me and other people, for turning it into another of the many lets bash Gary Drayton threads. Don't you guys ever get sick of whining and complaining? If you had something to say regarding the book it's one thing, or actually had something valuable to add it would have been nice. I'm glad to see that a few other people took the time to recognize that reading his books were helpful and resulted in better finds for them. When you take the time to go and intentionally sabotage a thread and detract from the purpose of that thread because of spite, jealousy or hatred you have for another person it reflects poorly on you. People need to grow up. If you're not finding much don't blame anyone but yourselves. If you're too busy posting on forums and not going out detecting whose fault is that? I'm just tired of reading all the negativity. Anytime this guy's name is mentioned, people go crazy and jump on the let's bash Gary bandwagon. Other people's success can bring out the worst in those that don't have any, or it can be a motivator to do better. I'm thankful for any opportunity I have to get better. There are so many great treasure hunters out there that I can learn from and be inspired by. Gary's books, blog entries and finds do that for me. If they don't for you, that's okay.
Find someone that does.

if your talking about me I am sorry I brought this up on your post. I was actually thinking of buying the book. I decided to go to Gary's blog and check to see if any info about the book was there. Then after reading this I just could not believe it. I thought it important to let others know his ways and decide if they should support this behavior. I personally think it is really wrong. If this is your style go ahead and support him. I never said anything negative about Gary in the past.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey up here in Jersey if I want to get other folks out of my area. All I have to do is yell I got another syringe.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread