tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I'm out and about doing my thing. I had come across a beer can and headed to the dry sand to deposit it in a trash can because I just don't like carry the big trash with me.

A nice fellow approached me and we had a 15 minute conversation about what I was doing. Meanwhile I see another fellow lurking nearby. As I said goodbye to the first fellow and headed towards the water the lurker asked if I had had any luck with "that thing". Pointing towards my machine. I told him no and he explained that his daughter had lost her ring 2 days ago and pointed in the general area. I asked him to describe it and he did. I told him I had about 20 minutes left before I had to leave but I'd give it a shot.

5 minutes in I got a bobby pin signal which I am almost sure I had past over earlier. Earlier I had found a quarter nearby and then got the same signal I was hearing then and opted to pass on it. I started scooping and the target was moving all around. I thought man this is a damn bobby pin. On about the 4th scoop I reached in and felt that familiar feel of a ring. Pulled it out of the muck and it matched the description he had given me.

Walked up to where he was sitting and handed it to him. He was pretty excited. Offered me some cash and I declined since it was silver and it belonged to his daughter.

I was pretty surprised to see the amount of oxidation on it considering it was just lost 2 days prior. I suggested to him to go to one of the jewelry shops in the hotel and they would clean it for free. I would like to see the look on her face when he shows it to her though.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and good luck out there!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 GOOD DEED.jpg best-of-luck2.jpg

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice return tnt-k9!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting