shark week ! and silver rings !

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, well this morning I seen medium size shark swim about twenty feet out in the deeper water @ st. pete bch, only seen it for a quick second but was about 5 to 6 feet long and skinny, grey color on top and white on bottom I couldn't make out what kind it was. just as fast as I seen it was gone looked to be after a fish cause it was in a hurry, last month I seen a dolphin eating a fish right around in the same area. I think he gave me bad luck cause I didn't find any jewelry today. I found this silver ring yesterday and the silver toe ring with the road runners and cactus on it was last week, they were both pretty crusty so I finally cleaned them

DSC03937.JPG DSC03938.JPG DSC03939.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try not to think about sharks...come on, think about, it was just another nice dolphin wasnt it?...I need to hear that it was just a friendly dolphin. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the other day at same place something bumped my scoop, I wasn't snorkeling , walking dragging it to the side of me. I wrote it off as a Ray but who knows water wasn't clear ? In 05 I spooked a big shark in knee deep in the bay at my local bch it was in the evening at dusk but im guessing it was a nurse shark my guess the one today was a black tip,,, ,im more afraid of gators ive never seen em yet, but ive herd the storys of gators around Bahia beach in Ruskin, when ever I get that feeling im not alone I get outta waist deep into knee deep water their, High bacteria reports have been reported recently their I haven't really gone their all summer

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, some nasty organism is much more of a threat than any critter out there...I think about sharks and gators but Im not afraid of em...much. :laughing7:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Ken and I went to East Coast last month we saw 2 sharks come by us . Got chills, happy to still have legs.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do sharks bite pilings? Your legs probably look like pilings and a metal detector makes a good shark prod. Was in water with a 3 ft sand shark so I walked toward it with coil and it swam away. Respect them, don't fear them.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do sharks bite pilings? Your legs probably look like pilings and a metal detector makes a good shark prod. Was in water with a 3 ft sand shark so I walked toward it with coil and it swam away. Respect them, don't fear them.
My legs look like mullet...I think Im in trouble. :tongue3:

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CPT, I was at St. Pete also this morning! Lot of bait fish out there but no sitings except for a couple manatees!

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CPT, I was at St. Pete also this morning! Lot of bait fish out there but no sitings except for a couple manatees!

Its Shark week !!! their coming outta tornados on the syfy channel now, im going today I'll look around and see again

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds Capt!

gaboynfla

Nov 19, 2012
Edgewater Fla.
Detector(s) used
B H Sharpshooter 11
Garret Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over here on the east coast of Fla.,the black tips and spinner sharks are on the beach.I get fishing reports sent to my email,and they tell me to fish the beachs for sharks. I don't do the beach fishing thing,but I am detecting in the water. So keep your eyes open and try not to water hunt early morning or late in the day,like most critters that's supper time! Stay safe and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread