18K WHOO HOOO

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the Santa Monica Pier the other day and decided to see how long it would take to walk to the Venice Beach Pier. I stopped at the life guard station at Venice Beach and asked how far I had just walked. He said about a mile and a half. I still had to walk back. I was swinging my E-Trac with a Swingy Thingy attached. Swingy Thingy, Awesome tool. I had found a couple coin spills along the way. Then I get a quarter signal. I dug and in the scoop was what looked like a silver necklace. I started hunting for the normal 925 instead I find a 750. I went over the hole again and pulled out a quarter a dime and a penny. I called Chris (CMToys) and asked him what 750 meant.. He says that its 18k. I laughed and said no way this is real. I have been burned many a time with a mark inside saying 14k, just to find out that it wasn't real. He said take it home and test it. So I did and the scratches stayed on the stone. Still not believing my good luck I took it to a jeweler. He dipped it in nitric acid. Yep gold. 18K gold. The necklace is 24 inches long and weighs 44 grams. Happy dance at home after I did the scratch test. HH All GFP. PS I picked up this sand dollar for a unique feature. There is the shape of a heart on the right side. The walk took 2 1/2 hours one way.:hello2:

Attachments

• Aug 07 2013_2257_edited-1.JPG
    Aug 07 2013_2257_edited-1.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That is one sweet pay day. Congrats!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44 grams is nothing to sneeze at. It is a great find. I sold one nearly like it and wish I hadn't as it looked good on me. But I would have been mugged by now if I wore it.:laughing7: Still a great find!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Payday.........Congrads a once in a lifetime catch...:icon_thumright:

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful,goes to show you you still can find at those hunted out beaches,love Santa Monica,and Venice,sooo happy for you:thumbsup:,,HH:hello:

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats a great looking chain! Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread