changing florida metal detecting laws.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were the governor of Florida, or any state for that matter, and I felt that with all the other issues needing addressed that I still had enough "tax payer money & time" to spend on petty metal detecting laws - well - I wouldn't expect to be back in office the next term. And that's the truth.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i were governor i would form a militia navy to block the boat refugees from haiti and cuba.

Attachments

• 1249579513_bullet-on-a-wall.gif
    1249579513_bullet-on-a-wall.gif
    977.1 KB · Views: 251

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd put an end any existing laws that ban detecting in the water at the beaches along the treasure coast.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Chuck, are you running for governor?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd put an end any existing laws that ban detecting in the water at the beaches along the treasure coast.

I don't think you can unless the leasees stop paying as they were granted under admiralty law.
The state of Florida and the Federal Government confiscated the treasure from the Atocha and Fisher had to fight it all the way to the supreme court to get what what was his back. However, the do allow other treasure hunters (investors) to participate.

Maybe some day they will allow shallow water hunters to also participate as part of on going the salvage effort.
Unfortunately, this would be difficult to manage because of all the free loaders. Even though I have never met them, but met Art Mcgee, who was considered the father of hard hat treasure hunting, I have the utmost respect for anyone that would take on the state of Forida and the federal government and win.

I know that Art knew of several wrecks, which he would not salvage, since the state would take away too much of the treasure found to be cost effective.
These wrecks may still be out there, and have not been salvaged :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread