Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw the beach and I said your full of sand. Beach replied im gonna wup yo ass. I said bring it.Going home with a pouch full of tabs,caps and wupped ass.
Too funny. Been there. Not a good sign when you start talking to the beach!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recent drops, that's what we're looking for in the summer. With all this soft sand the best time to look for them is during the height of the activity or when low tide comes later in the afternoon, just as the crowds are starting leave. It only takes one tide change to stir up all that soft sand and send everything straight into Davey Jone's locker. Got to get to it before then if it's on the lower beach or in the water. The only other option is to try to locate those areas that are starting to open up, not closing in. Newly formed/forming low spots in the way of washes, holes, troughs, runnels, etc., that are forming or have recently formed will be far more promising then those same areas that are growing smaller and slowly closing up and/or filling in. Unless we can get some significant wave/current action things are going to remain pretty slow.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the beach and I said your full of sand. Beach replied im gonna wup yo ass. I said bring it.Going home with a pouch full of tabs,caps and wupped ass.
Beach don't play.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I least I know I am not the only one talking to myself on the beach!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from the beach and in just the last couple of days I would say that we have easily lost another 50% of what remained of the first trough, and that's just in the last couple of days. Just can't seem to catch a break over here - last couple of months when we get the higher water it seems we also get a west wind and flat seas to hold it back. Gonna take some pretty stiff action to do much good now. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread