Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of you know, I'm new to metal detecting. We went to Florida recently and I decided to take my detector. Let me tell you - there are alot of people going home without their tent/umbrella stakes! LOL The stakes and a bottle cap were the only things I found!! Nonetheless, we had a great time trying!

That is what it is about. The fun of it and not any "profit."

608721935808045.jpg

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what it is about. The fun of it and not any "profit."

Exactly, I do not expect to find anything that will pay for all my gear, but if I do thats a bonus.

btw, photo of group water hunt?

Jul 28, 2013
Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, BH Lone Star, BH Discovery 1100, Bounty Hunter Junior, White's Bulleye II PP. Previous owner of BH QuickSilver and another BH Jr. Working my way up.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you. I was visiting family in Jacksonville last weekend. I broke in my White's Coinmaster GT down there. I and the kids and nephew (using my Bounty Hunters) found an assortment of things ranging from earrings, bottle caps, pull tabs, fishing weight, all types of foil, clad (quarters, pennies, dimes, and nickels), umbrella spikes, beer cans buried deep, soda cans, no luck with rings, chains, or bracelets my last two trips to Jacksonville Beach this summer. I did find a 90s Matchbox Jet Ski. It made my day, since I love Matchbox and Hot Wheel toys. I maybe should have hit the spot I hunted on July 4th weekend, instead of the fishing peer aka beer area. Better crowd up that way (hotel crowd), and less beer drinkers (boardwalk crowd and less cans and pull tabs). There were nice rings being found in July when I was in the water with the family.

I wish you the best of luck and HH.

Last edited:

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a few days like that and still loved it! The cherry on top is if you keep digging there is a treasure to be found! And treasure is a relative thing. Keep diggin man! So much fun!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never got into this thinking this was some get rich quick thing. I love history always have and when I found my first colonial button which was a French floret soldiers button I was flipping. Within a few steps I found a civil war eagle button. All I could do was think of who, how,when and why. If I happen to find some new gold or clad well its used to pay for my gear. Where else can you be a bit of a kid again and explore, dig in dirt and then hold history in your hand?

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never got into this thinking this was some get rich quick thing. I love history always have and when I found my first colonial button which was a French floret soldiers button I was flipping. Within a few steps I found a civil war eagle button. All I could do was think of who, how,when and why. If I happen to find some new gold or clad well its used to pay for my gear. Where else can you be a bit of a kid again and explore, dig in dirt and then hold history in your hand?

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Nice......that sounds about right. On that note I'm on my way out with my son for the day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread