Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
White's MXT Pro -coils: 300, 4x6DD, SEF 8x6 & 15x12
Coinmaster Pro - 9" spider
Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am moving to Florida in September and will still be using my MXT Pro on the land but I would like to get into beach and surf hunting as well. First off if there is a post like this please point me in the direction and I can end this thread right now. What my issue is I ultimately want the excal but I don't have $1500 to spend right at the moment but will be able to save it up in a year or so. Is it worth the wait to get the excal or should I just get a Garrett now and then upgrade to the excal when I have the money?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated,

Thanks,

Charles

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently started beach detecting too and couldnt afford an Excalibur, but I knew my beach couldn't handle a PI due to extreme iron. (Surf City NC). I got a used minelab sovereign elite and put it in a waterproof box. I carry it in a back pack and hunt the shallows up to my chest. The sovereign is like an Excalibur as it is bbc. It only took :30 min to rig the waterproof box and cable clam. I highly suggest this as an inexpensive alternative to an Excalibur and less digging than a PI.

Do you have pictures?
What did you purchase to make the Sovereign water proof.
I would like to waterproof mine even for dry sand hunting, as it constantly rains where I hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions